Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

i'm there.

what's goin on with your job? apply for dhs yet?
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I agree with the sentiment at the end... it isn't pretty but its capitalism...

the only thing I hate about it is that they are making money out of nothing... not so much in this case but in others they do...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no. hate you.

i have an interveiw with a major telecommunications provider that we all know and hate. if that goes well i will have a part time sales position. if it doesn't, i'll sell my soul to the baby stealers and work for dhs.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

as soon as I get some information from the recuiter (he failed to send me the email he promised as yet) I will be going after an engineering job... just wish I had the presense of mind to ask which one it was... was trying to get out of the office to prevent tell tale comments being overheard... twins are likely to drop me if they knew I was looking...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ah. bummers. but good you're looking for something. everyone is right now apparently.

oh. my DM either quit or got fired. that means i technically don't have to find a job. but i want one anyway.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm not looking, except in that passive "Hey, look, they want to pay me $200K/year to play video games!" sort of way.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

that is good for you cheyne.. I guess.. takes the pressure off I imagine
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

meh. it is what it is. we'll see.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808696457/info

something bad in an entirely different way.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Here's the presentation I'm working on for a research project I did. I think it's weak, but meh. I'll just smile at them and bring cookies.

Perceptions of substitute teachers
Christopher Pitts
Problem:
• Part-time and temporary workers face a history of marginalization
• Substitute teachers feel frustration from a perceived lack of respect, support, and understanding
• Research questions:
o What are the perceptions of substitute teachers on their experiences as these part-time/temporary workers in the field of education?
o How can these perceptions inform education in general?
Theoretical Lens:
• Care theory (Noddings, 1984,2002)
Methods:
• Design: modest qualitative auto-ethnographic critical inquiry
• Plan: personal observations (year and a half), formal interviews, and literature review
• Context/Setting: Mid-Southwest; high school: daily change in class setting
Findings:
After reviewing the interviews and my own experiences, three categories emerged concerning the perceptions of substitutes in education:
• Substitute teachers value the opportunities for independence and flexibility the job provides
• The substitutes interviewed perceived their jobs as a service
• Their frustration then comes from a lack of respect, support, and understanding for this service they provide
Implications:
• Schools should keep these three categories in mind when putting together effective substitute programs
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Bad things = $184 in unauthorized charges on a credit card

other bad things Hillary winning PA
lol had to say it
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

alas, no one cares about substitutes. they are seen as a joke. until the perception of other teachers changes, nothing else will.

and wow, i so want the democratic nominee to be decided already.

oh, watch "who killed the electric car". i learned new things. you can also visit http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com and look at some of the info there.

the electric car was aparently extemely viable, but oil ran a smear campaign while the auto manufacturers were afraid of profit loss due to lower part replacement rates for electric cars. bush and the california state government together crushed it while it was on life support already. I>HATE>PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Another thing that you can hate about Cheyne, I already do is that when the diesel engine was first created it was designed to work on peanut oil. It still can run on pure veg. oil with very minimal mods to the vehicle and some straining and thinning of the oil (w/o any addition of chemicals as is done in the creation of bio-diesel). There are many people who are doing so now and it is great, the "fuel" is free because you just go and pick up used cooking oil from restaurants who are happy to give it to you because it saves them a disposal fee. So in the end, you get free fuel, the restaurants aren't dumping literally tons of waste oil into our landfills or other places, and you have a vehicle that is not contributing to greenhouse gases at all (veg. oil does not emit CO when it is burned). The only downside to it is the filtering process and smelling like fries when you get out of the car. So why isn't everyone doing this??? Oh and by the way there are kits that are sold to easily convert you vehicle, don't have to do anything to the engine at all. The reason is because "they" don't want you to know about it. Wish that my truck was a diesel...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"they" should all be raped by horses while having their intestines eaten by goats.