Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

arete
Lost Knight

Wod zombie game

Post by arete »

I have been rolling this idea around for a while. I am current thinking that old wod werewolf would be a good because it already as rules for freakish zombie like monsters that could be challanging. But if people really want to play more than werewolves then I will use new wod with a large xp package.

Are people interested in this and if so would people be willing to do straight werewolf?

[/u]
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Paul Gilmore
Lost Knight

Post by Paul Gilmore »

Interested, what night do you think you'd be doing this?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am thinking of Saturdays on a bi-monthly basis between games of 7th sea.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

From what I have worked out with michael I am looking to start the shenanigans on september 5th. I have a willing dani and paul (assuming your still interested) I think a group of 5 would be ideal, and assuming I do only werewolves only 1 character of each auspice is allowed. I will do a general character creation and minor details of your past on that saturday. This game is secondary to my college courses & the 7th sea game I play, and will run bi-monthly. There is still time if all my players really want to mud it for me to alter my plans to use the new wod system for a mud, but unless I get 3 out of 5 players that want that it is old school werewolf.

The Zombie Apocalypse hits 9/5/09 Sign up now for your chance of survival!
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Think I am interested in this
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Based on player scheduling it looks like we will start sort of late. So far people who have expressed interest are both pauls, dani, and mike. I really want 1 more person at lest.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I will play as long as it doesn't interfere with Cheyne's dnd game...I plan on playing a Metis Silent Strider probably Theurge
arete
Lost Knight

The rules

Post by arete »

People want to play a mud so we are going to mud.

1. All types of supernaturals can be submitted, but I reserve a veto right.
2. I am going to use a unusual rule on dupication. Once someone turns in a sheet they have the right to veto everyone else from taking his stuff. This abilies to clans, tribes, traditions, merits, flaws, and anything else that makes a character unique.

3. I perfer email submission of character sheets.
4. You need to think of a good reason you know the other players.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I forgot to mention I will take a vote on old wod or new wod for this event.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

as it stands I have a full pack+1 and a mage.

The session will start with a character description that includes a personal moment in your characters life the other players of the game would have heard about in the year of being a pack.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

For those that weren't there, here's what the 'pack' currently consists of:
Mike: Homid Ahroun Windigo
Dani: Lupus Galliard Fiana
Cheyne: Some sort of Akashic/Euthanatos mage thing
Me: Draco Sai Chau Zhong Lung
Adam: Rodens Knife-Skulker Ratkin

We are, suffice it to say, a motley crew.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I would be happy to see one "other" type of critter. A vamp or another mage or something. But I think the last few players are set to be 'wolves.

Me: Dynamic Euthanatos/Akashic Mage
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Paul g: ragabash homid bonenar
Paul h: philodox Metis silentstrider

The players seemed to focus on a totem that gave a bonus to dex so the choices are currently a weasel* spirit with great stats and abilities, or tornado that is a much weaker spirit but can give it's ability to large amount of the party.

*I am very likely to subsitute the weasel animal for a rat. The end result would be superior bonuses of weasel and the ban of Rat at the higher cost. If the players perfer.

I intend to limit the players ability to spend exp on their totem spirit, but in exchange you it completely free.

You can suggest a totem still, but those 2 were the most discussed.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Tornado: 27pts
rage 8
gnosis 7
willpower 5

can speak w/pack
can always find the pack
+4 people who can use its benifits
charms: create wind, updraft

weasel:27pts
rage: 9
gnosis: 7
willpower: 10

speak w/ pack
can find pack
totem always with the pack
totem is respected by other spirits
a mystical bond that allows mental communication with other pack mates
charms: 2 to be decided later
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Hi, I'm here to describe how totem abilities work. Most totems have a listing that says something like "Pudu gives her packs +16 to Geomancy rolls and a nice haircut" This phrase means that only ONE person gets those benefits at a time. Each round, that person can hand the totem powers off to a person of their choice, or keep them. There are exceptions, some of the entries will have a sentence that looks like this: "Pudu also grants each of her pack members +0.05 Charisma and -1000 Threat rating." This means that -everyone- gets the benefit all the time. Some of them will note that they provide a permanent increase to player stats (I believe Bear gives perm +Str), which means that you still have the bonus even when that totem is no longer yours.

As mentioned, the two major totems we're looking at currently are Weasel and Twister. Here are what the two totems do:

Weasel (A Totem of War)
"Traits: Weasel gives one point of Dexterity and an additiondie to Dodge pools to each of her children, and they all gain an extra die of damage on bit attacks as well.
Ban: Weasel packs must never show fear."

Twister (A Totem of Wisdom, not Tornado)
"Traits: Twister teaches his children how to perceieve the world without preconceptions. Because of this, each of his children gains one point of Enigmas. He also grants his packs one point of Dexterity and Strength and Primal-Urge 2. As the children of the Wyld's guardian of Wisdom, his pack receive 1 point of Wisdom.
Ban: Twister's children may not leave a dwelling without destroying something."

Interpretation
This basically means that with Weasel we'd all get +1 Dex, Dodge and bite damage all the time. With Twister we'd all gain +1 Enigmas, but for more than one person to get the +Dex/Str, then we'd need to have the totem feature that allows multiple people to use the totem's powers at once (which he has listed above with a +4 people using it).

Personally, I'm in favor of Twister, though I'd like to lobby to increase its benefits to cover everyone so we don't have to worry about who does and does not have the powers at any given time. With the totem as written above, 5 people can use them at once (though there are currently 7 players slated to play).

I'm going to be reading through other totems this week to see if any really stick out. I found one last night, Hummingbird, that was pretty cool, +2 Dex. The ban is a bit steep though, every pack member has to pay one Gnosis every day - not really viable.