In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

ooc: It takes a year and a large labor force per roll to change an aspect of a manse, with a difficulty = to ratingx10. Its on page 55 of oadenol's codex. But with my sword I could do it in a month and not need the labor force.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: LOL, is your sword like Death at the Root???? I could just instantly de-attune everyone to a Manse and shatter it's hearthstone, so I really don't need to change the aspect of it, but that is a very good thing to know.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

OOC: OK, so. What's the plan now?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Adin ventures forward in the Underworld, he needs to find some answers to some burning questions that he has. He just doesn't know exactly how to go about finding them. He begins by scrying on the Maiden of Truth using his sword as a connection, to find out where she is so that he may speak with her. Along the way stops in every ghost settlement that he comes across (while trying to avoid running into any pesky little Death Lords of course), and begins collecting as many myths about the Underworld as he can. How do the ghosts think that it came into being, when did it occur, who is the oldest ghost in the Underworld, does he/she predate the Primordial Wars, what do they think the nature of the Void is? If he hears about any ghost that does predate the Neverborn he will make a b-line to meet with them, assuming that he isn't the play toy of something really nasty like a Death Lord or a Neverborn.

When he makes it to Truth, he asks her about what the nature of the Underworld is, did it predate the Neverborn or was it a product of them. He also asks her if it is inherent within the nature of the Underworld to destroy/consume Creation or whether that is just something that is being pursued by it's inhabitants. He avoids telling her anything about the vision that he received from Time, it would not do to give her information that may color her responses.

Along the way he also begins doing research while he is in the Underworld, mainly just observational and inquiry stuff for right now, such as questioning some of the older ghosts that he runs across whether the Underworld seems to grow in expanse over the years, does the Void, and can anyone remember if the Void was always a part of this place or whether it came into existence later? He is trying to think of ways that he can quantatatively measure the age of the Underworld, rather than having to rely soley upon stories.::
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva"This place is unpleasent, but I want to here what Truth has to say. After we speak with her I am going to the north."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Ok, I understand you sentiments."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Alright. this is probably weeks of work.
You get several leads, some of which may or may not be accurate:
>The sijanese knew there was an underworld before anyone else, and gave power to the spirits of their dead before others even knew of ghosts
>The dual monarchs gave form to the shapeless void that was the underworld
>The dual monarchs hold back the ravages of the deathlords
>The underworld was formed when the neverborn died
>The labyrinth was the original underworld, and everything else an illusion
>The dead races know the truth, but eat all those they tell
>The dead races existed before the death of the primordials, and their ghosts still linger, therefore the underworld predates the usurpation
>The Underworld came into being when the the dead races died, as a the cycle had no more room for them
>The calender of setesh is the heart of the underworld, and the underworld itself was crafted by the dual monarchs
>The anathema created the underworld as another of their perversions

How are you talking to truth? Last you saw her in person you were in the mouth of the void, halfway to oblivion.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

So the main leads that I get revolve around the Dual Monarchs, the Dead Races, and just because it sounds promising the Sijanese. First things first, what are the Dual Monarchs and the Dead Races? I am really going to pursue finding out as much as I can about the Dual Monarchs as they seem to be a more recurring theme than any of the other myths and therefore more likely to hold some kernal of truth. Are there any libraries in the Underworld in which I could do some research? Also I am going to search for the ghosts of any Sijanese, and ask them about the myths of their people, also try to discover (if I don't already with Occult and Lore 7) when those people existed.

As for going to Truth, I don't think that going to the mouth of the void is necessarily a good thing if I want to maintain my current condition, namely being alive, so I will make going to her a last ditch effort. I will first send her a dream telling her that I request an audience with her. My thinking is that yes she is an Incarnae, but I imagine that not many people call on her anymore, she doesn't have any active Exalts of her own right now, and she doesn't have the Games of Divinity to keep her preoccupied, so if nothing more than curiousity's sake she might answer the request. If nothing else it has already been demonstrated that the dead and imprisoned Maidens have the ability to send visions, so she might send me a vision of where I can meet her.

"Zeeva, I am going to attempt to avoid this at all costs, but in order to meet with Truth we may have to travel to the Void. I just want you to understand that, that trek may be an inevitability."
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: I suggest prayer.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

prayer would probably be your best bet.

as far as the rest... there are libraries, but they are inaccurate about much of the history, so it would be a process all its own. Stygia and Sijan are the best sources of underworld knowledge. Heaven too. And some of those dandy libraries in Meru might have good stuff too.

I would recommend you read the underworld history section, since you are taking the time for research, and have the lore/int so high.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: LOL, duh...forgot about that.

I will pray to Truth as well, drawing a circle around me and arranging a perfect mirror (casts a perfect and true reflection), The Forgotten Sword (her starmetal/ represents forgotten divinity), a hand-held fan (I see her as being an Air aspect, although with her being twin to Secrets she may be Water in which case this symbol would be changed, also a fan can be used to conceal), and a skull (represents death) at the four directions of the circle I then arrange clear glass beads in the circle in the arrangement of one of the broken constellations that now reside in the Underworld and were under her purview. I focus my will as I write out a prayer strip to the Maiden of Truth beseeching her for an audience, building up Essence within the circle sending threads like the threads of fate to each of the items in the circle linking them all to each other, to the constellation, and to the prayer strip. (ooc: I am using personal Essence for this, no sense in activating my banner in the Underworld just for a prayer). At the peak of my prayer I send the Essence, my will, and the prayer out to the corresponding constellation.

OOC: I do this prayer/ritual in as private and deserted area as I can find, as to avoid distraction and unneeded attention.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I liked your prayer. Therefore your maiden liked your prayer. Or more precisely, I liked the description.

What the fuck do you pray about?

You could sing "send me an angel" and see what happens. Or ask for who REALLY invented gateway (time paradoxes suck).

Or did you have something else in mind?

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Maiden of Truth I call upon you. There are many questions that I need answered that only you who can see through all lies and deceptions can answer for me. Please come to me and show me the beauty of inviolate truth, show me what others would hide, expose the truth hidden in the lies! What is the nature of the Underworld, was it a product of the Primordials' death or was it present before? Show me how many of your Sisters have been forgotten and reveal to me who they were! Enlighten me to the true motives of the your Sisters, both the remembered and the forgotten! Please come to me and share with me the beautiful and hideous starkness that is Absolute Truth!"

OOC: The Gateway idea is a fun one, but I don't think that it fit my purposes.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Ooc: pray being a performance role makes this awesome.

Zeeva assist in arranging the items and will watch over adin as he prays. (as part of the assistance i active the performance charm that gives this ritual a auspisous out come/blesses it if it applies.)

"better make this count I do not want to risk traveling to the void. If you like I can give you my anima banner for help, though it moght be to flashy for down here."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: Sooooooooo.....