Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Thael
Lost Knight

Call of Cthulhu forum game

Post by Thael »

Since I am unable to properly create the ambiance neccessary or the elaborate descriptions conducive to a good play experience, off the cuff I will be attempting to run a Call of Cthulhu game on the forums here... if I have the time I am better at descriptions and dialog so this will by no means be a quick action game... also my most active hours will be during my work schedule (8:30-4:30 M-F) and I will be actively checking during those times, be forewarned some days I may not be able to... to help things I will likely work out my responses outside of work to post the next day...

This will not start immediately since it takes time to build this style of game but I am looking for those that are interested to post here...
I will be using the Basic RP system not d20 and that is all there is to that

I have the books and will be making a digital character sheet for people to use... and I will post creation instructions as well when both things are done

this will be 1920s and for concepts everyone is a normal human living in the world, going day to day just like anyone else so anything in that vein pretty much goes.. there will not be concrete access to anything supernatural as part of their background (no spells, books, artifacts, etc).. rumors are fine, or if you are brave you can be a "psychic" of somesort (seances, medium, palmist, etc) but that is like asking for an express ticket to the asylum in a custom fit white jacket, unless its all show... there is no one that cannot be roped into the action so even doxies or molls can be explored (figuratively and literally) example list from the book: Antiquarian, Artist, Athlete, Author, Clergyman, Criminal, Dilettante, Doctor of Medicine, Drifter, Engineer, Entertainer, Farmer/Forester, Journalist, Lawyer, Military Officer, Missionary, Musician, Pilot, Police, P.I., Professor, Soldier, Tribal Member, Zealot

most info is open since this is a cooperative game but I will be putting plot lines that will either create villians within the group or the appearance of them so I will be conducting activity through PMs

Locations will not likely be secret... I do expect people to keep player knowledge seperate and to reduce meta-gaming to a minimum... but if you feel something needs to be done privately then again PM me..

and as a result of the trials by fire I went through when playing this game... I will not hold back on any character so horrible things will happen to you... stupidity will be punished... makes for more enjoyment for everyone else when it does... hehe.... but thats okay new characters are cheap... on the flip side I will endeavor to make everyone useful in some fashion and to be seen as a useful companion...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I'd be interested. Might check it at my work too.

Oh wait, you work??
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I collect a paycheck regularly but work is situational
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

might be able to do this, I like the game system and I've played before, but it was a gaslight campaign and so the priorities in character building were different. I'd need to wait until at least the break to put any thought into this.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

sure.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982