In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
arete
Lost Knight

Exalted: Revelations-IC: Yu Shan

Post by arete »

Zeeva goes to find known gold faction siddies who are on the convention on deathknights.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

how did you want to go about finding them? pinpoint them with the loom, get the word out to spirits, wait around in one of the bureaus, what?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I would talk to a few spirits about some specific people to get word to. I would know some. In addition I would also wait around where I know pro-solar people are likely to be.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: I have backing of 3 Gold Faction, and I would go with her to help her out seeing as how I actually have the connections and know who some of the members are. That being said I believe that the Convention on Deathknights has a building or at least an office in Yu Shan and I would have gotten myself appointed to that convention whenever we got back since I actually have Necro and I have an interest in the Underworld. (btw, I believe that the Convention on Deathknights has the largest number of people assigned to it out of all the secondary conventions).

"Zeeva, do you want some help finding somebody? What exactly are you wanting to do when you find someone?"
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: They do, almost anyone that has any contacted with the Deathlords or their Exalted get recruited and debriefed. For the record, it is the Convention on Deathlords. Its a 'special convention' of the Bureau of Destiny. Special conventions don't have established bases of operation, but do hold regular briefings in Yu-Shan. For more specifics on the topic, see Manual of Exalted Power: The Sidereals, pages 83-84.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

One of those informal meetings is about to convene actually... did you want to interact with it, or wait for people to start leaving and talk to a particular individual?

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I mostly wanted to wait to talk to someone high up in the gold faction that has a good reputation. I would try to get them one on one so I can leak information retrieved from grey falls. Maybe use it to get myself into a quality assignment, and meet the head of the gold faction.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

funny thing, that. You haven't had a single assignment since you've been back...

so, just so we don't keep dealing with this issue, i'll come out and say it: you have a special arcane fate protecting you from the maidens and their exalted for the time being. this is an incarna level effect, and it allows you to... well, not die really. you can still leak info, but you won't be getting ANY assignments until the protection fades.

as far as getting a meeting, you can do that, you have the essence for it, but unless you force it for the immediate future, your meeting is forgotten by the time you show up for it. the information you have to share is remembered however, and they will act on your statements.

basically, you are currently wildcards in fate. you can effect things without being noticed by the maidens or their servants. enjoy it while it lasts.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I was hoping to get my old name assigned somewhere for a bit...I will drop the idea to one of the gold faction siddies that the Abyssal exalts are corrupted Solars.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: Are you also going to tell them that they have been corrupted by the Neverborn, that the UC has actually cleansed one in Greyfalls, and that he has issued his Solar ruling Mandate again?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I would not mention EPR's cleansing, but i would tell them about the divine mandate. Of course things change with roleplay...

Zeeva to [insert sidde name here] "excuse me, ms. [name] could I have a few minutes?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: I didn't know where to put this but this thread seems the most fitting.

IC: Adin goes to YuShan to meet up sit in on some meetings at the Bronze and Gold Faction "good-ole-boy lodges" he is trying to find out what the different factions think about what has been going on in Creation, namely Greyfalls and the Blessed Isle. He is also going to attain connections to members of the Factions, prominent and not. (OOC: I don't know exactly what magical connections are, whether they can be items that the people own or whether they are parts of them, blood, hair, fingernails and the like. He has Stealth and Larceny at 7 so he should be able to get what he needs)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

to jason:
you are speaking to Autumn Leaf, a chosen of serenity you vaguely remember only because someone said her name. she seems distracted, and to barely notice you, but she does nod and look at you for a moment, waiting for you to continue.

to paul:
you don't really even know where to go to hit up a bronze faction tea party unless you get jason to make the connections, and even then it is usually a quiet get together of 4ish people, who then pass word through the grapevine.

the goldies do have the cult of the illuminated though. so if you want to hang with them, you can go see them.

regarding items... those aren't things people leave laying about. siddies are fastidious, for just this reason. it is also hard to lift things off of people, especially when they don't tend to wear a lot of superfluous items that aren't tied on. you can probably get a comb or scarf, or perhaps even a stray hair from one of the younger members, but the older ones can quite possibly catch you fucking with them, and often have nothing to take.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Well in that case, I will go hang with the Cult and see what they have going on as of late. I am also going to start researching a new celestial circle spell that will allow me to send dreams to people using a broader link such as a caste mark, a connection to a specific Maiden, or a specific flavor Exaltation. Does Zeeva want to come with me to see the Cult?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: I would hazard to guess that the broader links you mention are too broad to be used as arcane links for targeting most spells. Some of that really depends on the overall intent of the spell, though.