In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Ok, I will play artist deaf girl. I'll buy the lip-reading secondary skill...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

you wanna be someones girlfriend? if haley plays you could be hers.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Even better...

What you playing?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I guess i'll post the gist of my backstory...

Once upon a time (1900, give or take a few years), there was a plucky youth (think Toby McGuire 30 years ago, when he was still young), living on the streets. One night, a bunch of thugs mug him in an ally, kick the crap out of him, and steal what little he has. So, he mouths off, insults the thugs, and shows moxie despite his dire situation.

The leader of the thug, impressed by the kid (he has charisma 4 you know), decides after draining him, that he was a pretty good kid. Maybe it was the rush of his blood, maybe it was his charisma, or maybe it was the wino they drained a few blocks back, but the thug leader decided to embrace the kid right there, damn the prince's permission.

So, after a year of kissing the prince's ass, the thug leader got to show off his new childe, and protege in pointless violence, to the city. But the shiny had already worn off. Turns out he was just pot metal underneath. After he was safe and snug in his new unlife, our plucky youth took to reading, and other unbecoming passtimes. And after being introduced to the rest of the city, he started making friends outside his brothers, and even stopped learning the disciplines of his blood in favor of those of outsiders. When our young protagonist joined the Ordo Dracul one fateful evening, the thug leader, and primogen of the Brujah, had finally had enough. The young man was a Disgrace to the Blood, and he might as well not be Brujah in the city.

Fast forward a hundred years and change, and we find our not so young, and not so plucky, protagonist living much the same life he started. He rents a small appartment on the north side of the city. He's gone to college a half dozen times but never finished anything. He has friends all over the city, mortal and kindred alike, but no one he calls family. He's picked up disciplines from all the clans, but hasn't mastered a single one, not even those of his blood. Our protagonist lives his unlife aimlessly, moving pointlessly toward eternity, disowned by his blood, viewed as fun but Harmless by the rest of the kindred, and with only his pets to keep him company in the long lonely moments before dawn.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

Ok, i will be using gen. All players are hard capped at gen 8. I will not be allowing you to go beyond that.

You can purchase backgrounds using xp at current rating * 3.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Why not just save use all trouble and time just give every gen8 then. Everyone, who is smart, maxes generation, and those that do not always wish they had. Its also a tactic that has worked well for past games.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

is it to make sure you live without those 45 xp if you do go to 8?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Please. Its the best background you can spent your 5 points on. use the exp else where.
Last edited by arete on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

*sigh*

so, merits?

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

normal merit rules Cheyne. Only exception is no mixing blaise, iron will, and unbondable.

as for the question of why not give people something. because i want you to make a character. Maybe you do max gen because it is the most "powerful" thing to do. Maybe you do not because it is not what you want for a character. Not giving gen away, sorry Jason.
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Angie wants Lasombra, I have a backstory and I should have the character to you by the end of the weekend.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm 90% done with a Salubri. Need to spend a few more points to finalize now that I know what backgrounds cost.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Has anyone called Tzimice yet?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

They aren't on the list. I did PM him about it a bit. I think it'll probably depend on concept a lot whether or not he lets them in.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

they could be fun. depends on concept i think.