In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no, it isn't new per se, you just haven't ever seen people live through it that didn't shake it off completely. stam/res 8 solars with tons of charms got an upset stomach and then moved on, while mortals died. DB's were treated by solar medics, so the situation seldom came up.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

::sits down with the rest of the party to talk to Cathak:: "Hello Sir, so tell me more on this plan to help with the youth"
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Joins Zeeva at the table and begins to listen intently::
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

::Waits for Cathak to speak::
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

servants pour tea, provide sashimi, and wash your feet and hands. this luncheon is especially well catered. cathak has few guests these days, and he pampers those that bother to come see him (cainan gets all the love these days).

cathak has MANY hearthcats, and he refers to them all by name. there is a wrangler/cleaner that follows along after them as they laze about.

"I am so glad that you could all join me here. i so rarely get visitors, please enjoy yourselves.

Yes, right to the point i see. a good trait, all told. we need some young go-getters in these troubled times.

Well, what I propose is simple really: create a group for young exalts, say those under 30 perhaps? and then use that group, to fill in holes in our society. where building needs doing, you do it. where a satrapy is in trouble (normal trouble you can actually handle that is, not these returning solars), you take care of it. if a city is in turmoil, you fix it. eventually you will become an institution in the realm. and you will have power politically too, when these kids move up to become the new leaders.

what do you think?"

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"I think it sounds good in theory," Aizan, who is also present, begins, "Though we'll need some sort of information network if we're to respond to these threats and problems."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"well, you would of course have access to what i read... i get a status report on the house and the realm every morning with my tea."

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"We would also need funding and backing to start up this organization. Also, I think that one of the reasons that the younger Exalts seem to be growing apathetic is politicking that is present in nearly every aspect of life. If we want to get the most enthusiasm out of the members of this league it would be best to limit the amount of control and politicking that can take place from the Houses."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"that was exactly my point... the entire goal is to create an independent organization, not tied to any house, answerable to none. the money to startup i will gladly provide, but to avoid showing favoritism you would of course not be able to continue to be funded by me.

you could however charge some kind of fee for your services, something reasonable so as not to cause resentment, but expensive enough that you aren't taken for granted.

it wouldn't put jade armor on your backs, and it wouldn't be luxurious, but it would give you a chapter house or two, and keep you fed until you are well established."

a cat jumps up to an empty spot at the table and begins eating with you from a booster seat placed in the chair.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I for one agree completely with this plan. We do need to devise a good recruiting scheme, all of our planning will do us no good if we can't actually get the manpower to do anything."
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"I also like the idea, but it will take time to setup. Cathalk do you have a place where can start setting up?"
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"Where would you like to begin? what would you like to work on? While I am more than happy to host your meetings as you begin your organization, you currently have no recruits that actually need housing. after that it wouldn't do for you to be taking charity from house cathak... unless of course you can convince the other houses to donate as well. But once you have more of an agenda, members, and funding, you should probably find a place that suits your needs. Whatever those needs are. I'm just an old man now, it is for you to organize these things."

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Well, first we need the recruits. Let's begin with recruiting Lost Eggs that have not been adopted yet. We should also begin attending the social functions of the different Houses so that we can meet the disaffected youth and let them know about our organization. Our agenda at first should be to, as you said, aid in the repair of buildings, roads, aiding ailing Satrapies, and the like. Once we get a good footing doing those things we can expand upon it. As for a homebase, if we do need to establish a headquarters of our own quickly or else the other Houses will believe that we are actually a subsidiary of House Cathak and will attempt to send people in to spy on us, which ruins the intent for this group. Also with the goals we will need to expand out to help out more than just one location, or we need to find a way to be extremely mobile."

OOC: Jason are you using Zeeva's real name?

"Zeeva, I think that you are the best amongst us at socializing, what do you suggest we do about recruiting members and establishing a positive neutral public image? Amari, what are your suggestions for organization, should we establish one main headquarters and base our entire operation from that location, or should we look towards expanding outwards, creating multiple chapterhouses in different locations across the Empire? What are everyone's ideas?"
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"Keeping the emphasis on the impact that Dragonblooded youth can make is critical. I'm not sure if public works projects are really the best way to draw attention to ourselves, though. We need something higher profile than simply funding the repair of roads or rebuildings."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"certainly you would want to participate in battles... those you can win that is. and other high profile events. but so often the infrastructure is ignored for the glory or profit, and that is one of the greatest problems with our realm. the amount of difference a few exalted workers can make is unbelievable, and you have nothing better to do in your downtime.

unless you plan on making your youth as decadent as the rotting heart of the realm that is. which is of course your prerogative. it is after all your organization and not mine."

)))))))))))))))

amari:
"I would probably suggest working out of a single base of operations, near one of the schools or in the capital. then expand out from there as needed. if we find ourselves spending a great deal of time in a particular area, or if there are a great many problems in a region, build a chapter house.

I would also recommend rituals and codes of behavior that set us apart from the other organizations and brotherhoods out there.

I may be able to get us a few recruits from the Elementalists by the way. Once I show the barrier charm I've developed, I'm quite certain they will want to develop some sort of exchange program, and once I get a hold on them, they won't be going anywhere."