In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Exalted: Revelations-Sim Realm

Post by rydi »

i am going to run this more frequently, but on the forums. i am going to use only this thread. i am doing it this way not only because of time constraints, but also because i noticed last time i ran that i was already having trouble running the group as a whole, because everyone has their own plots.

so, i will run people together, or separately, or whatever. when something big comes up that affects the entire group, and can't be resolved here, i will run a live session. sorry to those that don't like forum play, but honestly, it is hard to run this otherwise, due to the separate houses, high power level, and all the various npc's i will have to utilize (and thus look up/create).
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

...It begins...

The realm is in a state of turmoil. The empress is gone, and not coming back. Worthwhile leaders are few, and those individuals cannot ascend the throne for fear of retaliation from their rivals. A political stalemate exists that may prove to be the realms undoing, because other threats lurk at the realms borders, waiting for their defenses to crumble enough for a decisive assault...

The threat of the Bull of the North still waits, quiescent for the time being...

Thorns plays at diplomacy, but expands despite its claims of peaceful coexistence...

The once fractious 100 kingdoms now stand united under the banner of anathema, and aside from simply being ruled by a powerful circle of celestial exalts, it is now serving as a sanctuary for many others of their foul kind. Despite enmity towards the realm they continue trade, but it is only a matter of time before they turn a conquering eye towards the blessed isle. Recent rumors indicate that it may be sooner than later, now that they have been graced by the presence of the Unconquered Sun himself...

In the west the pirate are daring, and raiding closer and closer to the Isle, in a few cases even braving the mainland itself, with Pelops stretched so thinly around the Isle...

Unknown to those in power, but no less a threat, the gold faction sidereals martial their forces in opposition to the bronze faction, leaving the bronze sidereals precious little resources to maintain the realm's stability, and the wyld hunts, and teach, and... do everything else they have been doing to keep the realm intact the last hundreds of years...

Finally, other powers move after millenia of waiting, invisible to all, shifting the fates of all...

Into this chaos, the Gaian Exalted are thrust once more, now empowered by many lifetimes of knowledge and experience. In their hands lie the fate of not merely the Realm, but perhaps all of creation. Arrayed against them are the other celestial exalts, the broken and dead primordials, and their own families. The few allies they have are either long dead exalts, or the nebulous spirits of fallen Incarna dwelling in the underworld...

What will they do? How will they combat the vast forces arrayed against them? Only Time will tell... and according to the visions of the sidereals bound to the Gaians, she wants to meet with the the entire circle in 1 month's time on the island of the Weeping Maiden.[/list]

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

soooo...

what are people doing? and wearing?

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I meant to ask exactly what you wanted us to do. That's a great prologue and all, but where the heck are we? I know we talked about going back to the Realm, and there was something about a party, but what happened afterwards, if anything?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I get paul's character and head out to wonderfalls/the giant pilliar of light. Investigation is required.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

everyone went home from the party. you are wherever you want to be, and it has been a few days since then.

----------------

how do you get there jason? and how are you going to appear? are you hiding, are you going directly to the anathema of greyfalls? are you talking to one of the sidereals stationed there?

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Well assumimg paul as sorc (which he should) we will fly there quickly. I head to the siddies in the area

Edit: I can fly myself via sorc.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

You do not know that there are Sidereals in the area.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I met 1 the last time i was there.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Sidereals are constantly on the move though, they don't have the luxury of staying in once place. In fact, since you were there, Kaishin has left and returned a number of times. You did not (if I recall) meet Darkstar and wouldn't know about him being there. Kaishin, in particular, is a Journeys Caste and spends far more time away from the city than in it. He does, in fact, leave two days after the UC's appearance, having some very important business to attend to (ie: dissembling).

Anyway, back on topic, Aizan wears a black silk shaolin-type monk robe with white trim and a white belt at pretty much all times. He does not wear any indication of affiliation (House or otherwise).

Aizan allows himself to be shown to accommodations after the party and spends the next several days refreshing himself on the current state of inter-House politics. Once sufficiently back up to date, he seeks an audience with one or both grandmothers, noting that his he's interested in discussing "strategy".
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I jusy walk into the city and flare my anima
. Just kinding!

I do not mind showing up and failing to fibd the siddies from earlier.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

You may also want to wait before just heading off and going. Adam's character has expressed interest in investigating as well, and Paul's may not be interested at all.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Well i definately would not head out without talking to people.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah, adam expressed interest in making a manse over there. not sure how that will work out.

as far as finding the sidereals, you would have to go to the palace and hunt around most likely, perhaps actually ask to see them, as they move about the city even while there. if you get there quickly enough you might be able to catch kaishin, and darkstar doesn't have a life, so he's there more frequently.

-------------------

you had tea with your younger grandma already, though she is happy to see you again.

or you can go talk to mnemon.

either way, you are quickly given a meeting, most likely on the afternoon following your request, and are greated kindly at their lodgings in the capital.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I would like to go to meet Mnemon. Do we want to split that off into a seperate thread or something? There's a lot of discussion in this one and not a lot of story.