In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Exalted:Angry Jesus Style-abyssal game

Post by Ivanovich »

I am looking at being ready either this weekend or next at the latest.

For characters i want to know what caste people are going to play. For your stories you were given the exaltation by Mask of Winters. Your characters have finished all the training, been given your names and are being brought to the City of Thorns for the first time since you were given the exaltation.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

moonshadow
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

It should be noted that we are trying to make an abyssal Circle. So 1 of each caste.

I will have something made at work tomorrow. I am heavily favoring Daybreak caste, but I am also looking at Dust caste.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Midnight Caste - a little girl, she is very cute, fairly sweet, and almost completely without a moral compass. She sings and people die. They want her to sing to them. After they're done dying. They get back up and join her zombie horde. Yay zombies!

I have found a rough illustration, though you should subtract a few years from her age (pretty much no matter how old you interpret this animated character to be). The character's intended age is somewhere in the 8-10 range.

As this is a character I've been conceptualizing pretty much since I started reading about Abyssals, I've also got a name and a custom artifact for her ready for review.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

Cheyne - Moonshadow
Jason - Daybreak/Dusk
Steven - Midnight

Steven since your character is a child I would like you to take the flaw, but i am not requiring you too if it is too debilitating. If you could please post what it does since i do not believe i have the book with flaws in it.

I still need to know what Haley and Adam are planning on playing. I am posting some setting information in another thread. I will also be putting up a character bio thread where you can place your characters stories there. I will also be putting some NPCs in there so that you can get acquainted with them since you will have already met them during your time in Stygia while training.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I was planning on taking quite a few flaws, including Child (which isn't too bad, its mostly social) and Short (which is pretty bad, you lose a health level).
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am going to be a daybreaker caste. My main focus will be on occult/lore. I will be buying 2nd tier sorcery and necromancy.
Last edited by arete on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I will be playing a day caste. Not completely sure on the background.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

What styles of combat are people going to use? I was considering hungry ghost style, but I did not want to over lap with others.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I think I will use melee, but I mostly will be focus on infiltration.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll be taking Thrown so I can shoot death lasers. No, I'm not kidding.

I did some sketching out of a character sheet last night. Its hard to cram all the charms I want in. I may not get to start with Necro after all. =\ Need to move things about some and see if I can fit it in.

Also sort of torn on my last Favored ability. Currently its between Athletics (to jump around a bit, pump up my Strength, and eventually to throw carts at people [Headstones Flung...]) and Linguistics (more Social-Fu). Currently I also favor Thrown, Socialize, Occult, and Investigation. Linguistics would have me favor every (useful) social ability in the game (sans Bureaucracy, which is sort of meh). :P
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am going to favor linguistics, resistance, 1combat ability, and I am unsure about the last 2
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i have all the moonshadow, + persuasion, MA, integrity, war & dodge. integrity is only a 3 though.

charms are really a bitch. not sure what i'm going to do. i need a bunch for my martial path (the pain path originally created by the lover clad in raiment of tears (name?); listed in the scroll of the monk), and then i want some social stuff, and i still don't have a perfect effect. and eventually i need to learn hungry ghost style. hate.

jason, after thinking on it, you might want to buy something other than hungry ghost. it is good, and you might still want it, but the fact that you can get several of the charms in it with occult (favored for you) seems like a waste of a favored skill, and you would need to master the style before you could eat spirits... at first it seemed like this was a cool feature for you, but upon further consideration, it seems like further diversification would be better for you if you are going ma.

haley will be dusk. and focus on archery i think.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I've analyzed Hungry Ghost Style. The final charm does not allow non-Moonshadows to permanently learn spirit (or, more accurately, non-Abyssal) charms. They last for (target's Essence) days and then fade, per the rules listed. This is because the charm does not include the text "This charm allows the user to learn the charm as if they were an Eclipse Caste Solar or Moonshadow Caste Abyssal." which all other charm-stealing charms that allow you to go outside of your core skillsets do.

Final analysis? If you're not a Moonshadow, it will only let you learn Abyssal charms. You can learn others temporarily, but they'll probably only last 3 or less days.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah. and the doubling up on spirit sensing, corpus rending, and god slaying, is redundant for a daybreak, especially when it means that they will end with a subpar version of godslaying. better i think to go for those as occult charms, and then take another, more aggressive path for MA, such as dark messiah. or something that occured to me, celestial monkey.

since virtues aren't all that fitting for many abyssals anyway, and dark messiah doesn't even let you channel virtues while in its form-type, what would be the loss of doing celestial monkey really?