In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Catholic_KofC
Lost

Vampire: Countenance-Vayle Patten Mulhorand

Post by Catholic_KofC »

What's it mean to be a member of the Chapel family? Personal experience seems to indicate that a hormonal imbalance is mandatory. At least, that's how I arrived in this world. My...dad...couldn't keep it in his pants, and my...mother...couldn't keep her panties on. What a f*&^%d-up way to begin a life; maybe the idiotic Catholics have it right with their 'no-sex-before-marriage' litany.

But, then again, am I *really* a member of the Chapel family? Mom never did tell me his name. “You're a Chapel. Respect that name, and it'll respect you.” I swear she had to be on something; or still is. Bible says 'Honor thy mother.' Yeah right. Abraham and JC never had to worry about a mother hiding their past. And now she's dead.

That name took my life. That name is going to give it back.
-----
Vayle has lived his entire life in Countenance. He never knew his father, but his mother claims he has Chapel blood. Though not poor, his mother – and subsequently he – worked hard to have a decent life. He and Michael Donagal became good friends in high school despite the fact their circles didn't always run together. Or, maybe to spite it. When Michael escaped into the USMC, he felt slightly abandoned, but knew he couldn't argue with the reasons. He corresponded – when possible – to keep both sane.

His introduction to the 'dark side' of life was an event he couldn't resist. A family of Chapels – he never could call them anything else – left for a week-long vacation. Since he and some friends knew the wife was an avid interior decorator, they happily gifted her with an empty home to work with when she returned. The distress this caused his mother – though she didn't know he was involved – caused him to cut back his clandestine visits, though he never fully gave up his recreational activity. Things changed when his mother was killed in a two car accident in 1990. The other driver was drunk...and a well-connected Chapel. He had it ruled an accident and walked away without a scratch. Vayle buried his mother a few days after his 23rd birthday.

After graduating with degrees in finance and political science, Vayle began working as a low-/mid-level manager at one of the local banks. Through hard work and judicious investing, he quickly rose through the ranks until attaining his current position as Vice-president of Corporate Invsting for First Countenance Bank and Trust.
This is what happens when I listen to a friend who says, "Hey, sign up for this site. You'll really like it..." ;p