In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

(Aberrant: The Tainted) Press Conferance: The Expounding

Post by rydi »

::The Nova formerly known as Connor stands before the gathered crowd, vastly changed. His features are softened, and his form curved, he is clearly no longer male... or at least not entirely. The skin tight synthetic eufiber leaves little to the imagination, and it shows a mixture of masculine and femine features. Its skin glows with a pale, opalescent light, and it displays an unearthly grace and beauty as it hovers in the air. It begins to speak, two voices simultaneously emerging, one rich and deep, the other dulcet, both soothing...::

"I come to you as a Harbinger of the future. The world is at a turning point, and our actions in the coming decades will determine the fate of humanity forever more. Even without the presence of Novas, the world was at a tipping point, poised for disaster or greatness. Now, with the extraordinary leap in evolution that humanity has taken, the world sits on a knife edge, and the smallest push will send the humanity to the brink of extinction, or expand its horizons beyond the stars.

There are 3 tasks that humanity, both homo sapiens sapiens, and homo sapiens novus, must face if we are to realize our true potential. First, and foremost, we must have peace. In the time that we were gone, I understand that we were on the brink of another world war, one to be waged with nuclear power and quantum fire. This is not the only time in the last century we have been on the brink of annihilation, but it must be our last. We have come too close to destroying ourselves, and our world, to play these games any longer. The presence of Novas only makes the need for peace all the more dramatic as, unlike nuclear weapons, their power is not regulated by any government... But despite their grave threat, novas also present the greatest hope for the future humanity has ever known. Which brings us to the second task that humanity must face: Cooperation.

::Its face growing stern during its speach, Harbinger's expression becomes hopefull, and contemplative.::

Governments and political factions, races and ethnicities, sexes and subspecies, we must come together as one humanity. We must utilize one another's strengths, rather than spend them on pointless conflicts. If only homo sapiens sapiens could end their pointless bickering they could, alone, conquer all of this world's crises. With the cooperation of novas... We can expand beyond the boundaries of the earth, and explore places humanity has only been able to dream about until now. Which brings us to the final test of humanity: becoming.

::Blazing eyes fix on the audience, as the glow surrounding Harbinger spreads out to touch the crowd.::

It is time for humanity to fulfill its potential. To forge a greater society, and expand that to other worlds, ensuring the continuation of the human species, and allowing it to reach new heights of greatness. And this must happen soon. This world was ill equiped to handle humanity even before the coming of novas, and now it is near its breaking point... and there are other pressures, up there, outside this tiny planet... In our time away, we explored the solar system, and found great wonders, great opportunities... and great dangers for humanity. We must hurry, my friends, before it is too late..."

::As it finishes speaking, the light around it dies down, and it floats closer to the floor, moving aside to let its companion, Gravitas, speak.::
Last edited by rydi on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Gravitas more closely resembles his original form than does Harbinger. His facial features are fundamentally the same, though they are smoothed and accented, perfected beyond that which mere genetics can provide. His head is haloed by a solar system of black-purple motes that vary in distance out to almost three feet from his skull. Similarly two or three motes orbit about his chest, waist, knees, wrists, and ankles. His eyes are now swirling black orbs. An accute observer would note tiny white flecks in them, causing them to resemble a star-scape. He has chosen clothing that is much more volumous than the skin-tight ensamble the other is wearing. Layered robes of black and purple with a distinctly archiac cut seem more suited to a Renescance Faire than to a modern press conference. He seems not to care.

Unlike his companion, he stays firmly rooted to the ground until he addresses the gathered reporters, at which point he begins to float so as to more openly present himself.

"I have little to add to Harbinger's message other than to reinforce its urgency. Change has come, as the mere existance of Novas indicates. More change is surely coming. Change of this kind - the very evolution of our species - cannot be stopped. It cannot be slowed down.

"But it can be embraced.

"We have discovered that novas posess the capacity to focus their own personal evolution. It is no secret by now that novas will grow with power as they practice their newfound talents. It is also no secret that some few have experienced unexpected side effects. Many are benign - oddly colored eyes, skin or hair, the overdevelopment of muscles or the onset of odd feeding requirements. Some are more adverse, twisting the body until it is hardly recognizable as human. Our appearance today," he gestures back towards the first speaker, "is proof that these changes will accrue with time and as our abilities continue to be used and pushed to their limits. However, this is not something to be feared or reviled; when properly channeled these changes can lead to an idealization of form, a focused and personal evolution that allows us, as novas, to transcend our humanity and become something... else. Something profound and wonderful."

He pauses for a moment, a distant look on his face, "I know I am speaking almost exclusively to my fellow novas here, and I appologize for that. I am here to educate and inform. I am also here to issue an open invitation to my fellow novas. The focus of our evolution is not one that happens naturally or unconsciously - it requires focus and dedication. Trust me when I say that these are small prices to pay. I would much rather appear before you as I do now than as a twisted and wretched mockery of my species. Come if you will, and we will teach.

"Come quickly, though. As the Harbinger alluded, we are raising our gaze upwards and onwards. We can no longer burden Earth, our home, with the presence of so many people. It has come time for us to move on. Already we have begun to plan how we might put colonies elsewhere - we're applying the greatest nova minds to the task.

"I am hopeful for our future. The future demands peace, which I urge everyone - worldwide - to consider. Many of Earth's conflicts are driven by territory, usually because of some coveted resource or historical claim or even simple overpopulation. To these people I say 'Look to the stars!'. Just the other planets and moons in the Solar system have an enormous untapped potential. The asteroid belt alone contains teratonnes of useful ore. Mars and Venus, once terraformed, offer the potential for billions of square kilometers of livable, workable land.

"That is humany's birthright. Novas are the tools needed to get there." He nods, "Good afternoon." And floats back into contact with the ground and retreats.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(its like talking into a void. people read, but don't comment. "hey, good job guys..." "hey, you said something, cool," "hey, fuck you, and your quantum too." anything works, i just want my existence to be acknowledged...)

:cry:

adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

(This is me acknowledging your post)
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

:drunken:

(so... happy... someone... cares!)