Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

take someone with you, so that you don't get screwed. you always need an outsider, if only to throw off the negotiations.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I can go with ya.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

so after a little bit of shopping i am looking at 2 cars that i have seen and have to look at 2 more.

I have looked at the Mitsubishi Lancer and Dodge Caliber.
I am going to look at the Toyota Yaris and Corolla.

Hopefully by this weekend i will have made a decision. Mostly because i doubt i will allowed to keep my rental free of charge for more than a day or two since they are paying me off tomorrow.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i recommend the toyota, not just from my experience, but from my sister and brother in laws xp.

the yaris is actually cool, but when i got mine it was going for more than the corolla b/c it was so hot.

i would advise looking at different dealerships. the one that tried to screw me isn't a bad one, the edmond one really didn't even negotiate w/me. might just have been the sales people though.

oh, and don't get a dodge.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Since I am still driving the same 93' toyota corolla that I had when I lived in oklahoma, and it has no problems other that the body damage that I inflicted upon it (I like to consider the dents and scrapes as my personal touches) I highly recommend it.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

well i looked at Toyota but they had three Yaris between 2 dealerships. All of which were sedans and i did not like their look. I debated a Corolla, but i liked the Mitsubishi Lancer more.

So i ended up getting a Lancer. It is Orange, but not a vibrant orange. More of a muted color. Plus it came highly recommended by Andrea's brother in-law who deals with cars for a living.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

is it "goldenrod"?