Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Absolutely, I'll do some research about hinduism so he can play it out. Also he's definitely a page out of tertius book, I mean, who else forgoes drunken revelry to write in their journals? Aside from "dear diary. Jackpot."

So Bartolomeo the hindu-thaum brujah embraced in india descendent of tertius sailor. *sigh*. I love you chris. Just for you, I'll post a demotivator.

/photoshop by me
//border and caption by me on www.despair.com
///starwars photoshop trifecta in play
////slashies still from www.fark.com
durden
Lost Knight

Quietus

Post by durden »

So Harness does not want an Assamite with Quietus, as he find the discipline sad but lame. I think it's kinda nifty. What do you guys think?

The DA rules are slightly different and are such:

*Silence of Death - quiet yourself
**Weakness - opponent loses a Stam point, maybe forever
***Disease - loss of one point from each physical attribute
****Blood Agony - coat weapons to cause agg damade
*****Blood Essence - diablerize by draining blood into jar and drinking later (maybe giving to someone else or saving for...I don't know why, but there is no physical struggle to do this)
******Blood Sweat - make someone sweat blood by looking at them. I love this one

Retain the Quick Blood (Q 3, Celerity 3) - weird, since the DA rules call for a blood point for every Celerity action. You regain those points one per hour. I might rule that it allows for free Celerity or something similar.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

so, those actually look like decent powers, except 3, that's the same as coating with oil and setting on fire. Still, *you* don't have to take rotschreck from your own sword if you do that but I guess it's ok. meh.

on another hand, how much of the world of darkness will be active in this setting, that you can tell us without giving away plot? I'm a big fan of medium, or better yet the variant in wolves of the sea. but, if there's no wraith activity, then it's a novelty rather than a tool.

oh, and I believe I gave cheyne stat sheets for Titus and Tertius when I left, if you want to include Titus you would have to scale him back 700 years or so, but he's a somewhat interesting character. Tertius was in india through the whole persecution of the salubri, but returned as it concluded and wiped out a tremere chantry. that's where he picked up that crazy cauldron that was almost a plot element in the summer game. I have details about it somewhere. He learned the salubri arts from one of the last ones, for safe keeping. the following years are unaccounted for in game or documentation. I recommend that using either of these characters should be in the background, they really upstage a game. But then again, the point of vampire is to be upstaged and have to scrounge for scraps. Kind of like the corporate ladder, it's sad, but also lame.

any more character building info you can give? free merits like cheyne gives? (such as eat food, blush of health, true faith 10, that kind of thing)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Ok dammit. Third time today I typed something and it just went away. So again...

Thanks to GId, you kids get blush of health, eat food, free 7th gen, and what the hell, 10 freebies. Enjoy.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Are you looking the Vampire: The Dark Ages or Dark Ages: Vampire? The second is the '2nd edition' of WW's DA material. The Quietus discipline there is closer to the modern one, though the 5th level power is still the "Diablarie in a Can" power.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

sweet!

I love you chris. I thank you with "japan".

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Dammit all with these editions.

The discipline description I posted was from Vampire: Dark Ages. 1998.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

As a special thank you to chris and cheyne for all their hard work:

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Lol. Thanks, Gid. Now photoshop your character...
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Characters anyone?

Here's a discription I wrote last night instead of a qualitative research project...

The Abbey:
It is a beautiful morning at the end of November. During the night it had snowed, but only a little, and the earth was covered with a cool blanket no more than three fingers high. In the darkness, immediately after lauds, you hear Mass in a village in the valley. You then set off toward the mountain, as the sun begins its rise.

While you toil up the steep path that winds around the mountain, you see the abbey. You are amazed, not by the walls that girded it on every side, similar to others to be seen in all the Christian world, but by the bulk of what you later learn is the Aedificium. This is an octago¬nal construction that from a distance seems a tetragon (a perfect form, which expresses the sturdiness and impregnability of the City of God), whose southern sides stand on the plateau of the abbey, while the northern ones seem to grow from the steep side of the mountain, a sheer drop, to which they are bound. You might say that from below, at certain points, the cliff seems to extend, reaching up toward the heavens, with the rock’s same colors and material, which at a certain point becomes keep and tower (work of giants who had great familiarity with earth and sky).

As you come closer, you realize that the quadrangular form includes, at each of its corners, a heptagonal tower, five sides of which are visible on the outside—four of the eight sides, then, of the greater octagon producing four minor heptagons, which from the outside appear as pentagons. And thus anyone can see the admirable concord of so many holy numbers, each revealing a subtle spiritual significance. Eight, the number of per¬fection for every tetragon; four, the number of the Gospels; five, the number of the zones of the world; seven, the number of the gifts of the Holy Ghost. In its bulk and in its form, the Aedificium resembles Castel Ursino or Castel del Monte, which reside farther south on the Italian peninsula, but its inaccessible position makes it more awesome than those, and capable of inspiring fear in the traveler who approached it gradually.
And it is fortunate that, since it was a very clear winter pre-dawn, you do not first see the building as it appears on stormy nights.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

The Abbey - here's my photoshop prowess. Find an old layout you like from history books, enlarge it, age it, do something wierd with the colors, and put letter shoing where those things are. Good times.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

badass chris.

i'm a ventrue.

i'm making a board for you.

head rodent.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982