Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Thael
Lost Knight

Good things from bad

Post by Thael »

So Saturday my water heater was flooding my apartment and soaked a good portion of my carpet... I tried to delay the call to maintenance till Monday but I went to lunch at Mazzios and came back about 30 min later and it was much worse... progressing into my kitchen... called maintenance as an emergency issue and they showed up real quick to get the water turned off... was a good while later when they finally replaced the copper tube so the water could be turned back on but still had to leave the power to it off till the carpet guy came out and sucked up all the water and removed the sodden padding... by the time he showed up and did his thing it was getting late and my brother was passed out on the small couch from watching Apocalypse Now Redux... but it does not stop there... things were fine all Sunday and then Monday morning I got ready and left for work... come back last night and the flooding has returned like some ghost haunting me since it was all the same area that was still missing its padding and the kitchen floor was half underwater... call maintenance again after shutting off the water to the water heater myself despite not see obvious leaks... then I hear a dripping under my kitchen sink... check under there while waiting on the guy to show and find everything soaked... water was dripping down from the garbage disposal... only lost a couple sponges in an open package (who knows what was in the water) and the boxes for other things unhurt by getting wet... guy comes out and says the whole sink/disposal/fixtures and likely dishwasher may need to be replaced so they are looking into that today... same carpet guy came out and sucked up all the water again and removed a bit more padding on the edges.... gonna call them at lunch to get an update but I will get nearly half a new apartment...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

well... good luck.

we killed monsters. everyone is lvl 2.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

killed monsters and had a couple more deaths.

The part that must be told was the not one, but two 20s on death checks that allowed us to claw our way back from the brink of defeat. Both Steven and Cheyne managed it.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

the things I do when whoring for money...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I got up long enough to be a distraction and then die while Cheyne got up :P
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

don't forget the multiple rounds of holding off and killing tyranids all by my lonesome furry ass.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982