In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

Vampire:Final Knights-So was it all for nothing??

Post by Thael »

Did I do all that research into Egyptian fighting arts and legacies options for a character that will never get played??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no. but time is still problematic. dd. magic league. summer game. these are the priorities. once i'm done w/league rules, i will start focusing on summer game. once i'm done w/that, i can take a look at this.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i am coming near to being ready...

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well it looks like all the research into egyptian martial arts was for nothing... granted I still have character to fall back on or play elsewhere...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Still working on the concept for the post-crit-shift version of the character. Working out a justification for high Weapons skill is not very easy in a non-DA setting. I'm stuck conceptually halfway between an armed forces officer and a yakuza.

More news as the story develops.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

a recreational interest in martial arts is not really difficult to justify in modern era. By stereotype Cheyne is the last person I would think would be a practitioner but contrary to that his activities rate him a few dots (see survey). So while in times past martial pursuits were only for those expecting their use modern times have made them a valid activity for many reasons unrelated to their obvious applications (ie kicking peoples ass). Cheyne I believe, studies the physical portion but probably focuses on the mental conditioning and for more established forms their philosophical perspective. Adam I hear is really good at the use of the physical side to protect him in his work as a guard, but also sounds like he does not do too much deep introspection as a result. These are just 2 examples that hit each side of the spectrum and may be totally off since they are based on snippets of various conversations. it boils down to just wanting to know as being justification enough.
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yes. just an interest is enough really, at least for a dot or two. past that there is gang stuff w/knives, bats, etc. then there are sports, such as hockey. finally, you don't have to have huge justification if you earn it in game, since those memories overlap. you justified it in your other life.

egyptians have martial arts?

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

once upon a time Tahtib was used for fighting but now is more like sport fencing

look it up..

I have some video examples on my external
My Color is Blue