rydi
Site Admin

in soviet russia, you scam nigeria

Post by rydi »

Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I for one agree that the "victims" are just as guilty since they are greedy... I mean do you really expect someone to pay you a million bucks to act as a proxy at a bank in your country because they are too poor to come themselves??... most of these scams are so blatant as to be insulting... I cannot imagine a company with hundreds of locations in the U.S. (or the ones mentioning a U.K. or other English speaking nation) would have difficulty finding a native speaker to write you an email that made sense intead of the mangled grammar of what is typically sent out by these scammers... I will admit that if these scammers are doing the whole romantic thing then likely the victims are in truth someone taken advantage of emotionally and I feel for their situation (kinda like native scammers and the elderly) and something should be done for their sake... but the old axioms apply here just as they do in legitimate sales:
Buyer Beware
If its too good to be true, it probably is

I believe in the school of hard knocks philosophy... education of potential dangers is a great tool and getting burned is even better... in this case aside from punishing the scammers for their illegal actions I would not do anything for their marks unless they were those truly taken advantage of (like I noted before)... the rest were gambling and there are no "take backs" in gambling... if you cant afford to lose the money you should not be gambling the money. Period.
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.