Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

willpower is real

Post by rydi »

Choice, active response, self-regulation, and other volition may all draw on a common inner resource.
In Experiment 1, people who forced themselves to eat radishes instead of tempting chocolates
subsequently quit faster on unsolvable puzzles than people who had not had to exert self-control
over eating. In Experiment 2, making a meaningful personal choice to perform attitude-relevant
behavior caused a similar decrement in persistence. In Experiment 3, suppressing emotion led to a
subsequent drop in performance of solvable anagrams. In Experiment 4, an initial task requiring
high self-regulation made people more passive (i.e., more prone to favor the passive-response option).
These results suggest that the self's capacity for active volition is limited and that a range of
seemingly different, unrelated acts share a common resource.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

yeah... its called Willpower... I haven't bought mine up in a while but it had sunk down to a 2 and I had to fix that... its better now
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

it works like it does in wod. you spend dots, and it is decreased until it refreshes. the above is an abstract for a larger article.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Thats really cool...would be interesting to read the full article.