Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

durden
Lost Knight

JMS Interview - for Cheyne

Post by durden »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=147912

I'm excited about the WWZ movie (hilarious book) and seeing Galactus on screen. I miss JMS Spidey.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

you know, i actually am interested in his autobiography... how sad is that?

i liked the subtle and kindly phrased dig on quesada. graceful and lacking in spite, but still stays "NOT MY FAULT!"

it is amazing that he can do so much at once and still make good stories, while people like austen have to smear their feces on paper to make as much in the same time period.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I read parts of another interview that are just hilarious. I'll try to find the link later.

Anywho, JMS claims that he and Quesada were planning on bringing back Gwen Stacey in the retcon, yet were met with so much opposition amongst the editorial staff and other writers that they gave in. Harry Osborn was the compromise. WTF man...

Oh, and the retcon was planned all along. JMS had it as an idea, but it was certain by the time of the unmasking. Nothing we read means anything. Ass.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

well, the retcon was a sure thing. i knew that. but i think jms would have at least done it deftly and without making everything that ever happened irrelevant.

but your point is still correct: nothing we read means anything. i used to watch soap operas when i was young, and they were the same. continuity matters for a little while, at least until they forget, want something new, get a different actor/writer... then it's all forgotten. shittiness.

and that is why i stopped buying comics. lack of faith.

maybe we just want something that others don't want... maybe we're the fucked up ones...

nah. they just suck.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.