Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

durden
Lost Knight

Comics: Angel: After the Fall

Post by durden »

Is anyone reading this? Like Buffy Season 8, Angel Season 6 is canon from the Whedon him/herself. It's good stuff. LA is in Hell, Wesley is a ghost still under contract to Wolfram & Hart. Gunn is all messed up. Spike is a pimp. Angel has a dragon. It's just great. I could care less about Buffy. The last episode of Angel left me wanting. The last ep of Buffy left me relieved it's over.

Read it and talk to me about it. There are some crazy developments. And a telepathic fish!
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i really like angel. much like the show, it is overall better than buffy (season 4 aside of course, though even that was comparable to season 5/6 of buffy really).

i was very happy to see wesley back. my only worry is that they will bring fred back, since i like iliria far better. i would like to see her back with wesley again actually.

and spike is still better than angel, as it should be.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

whedon has stated in interviews that he inteded to seperate illyria and fred. i'd be ok with that i guess. fred is needed in the series now. everyone is so serious. be nice to have a silly girl that knows stuff. she needs to learn magic though. make herself useful.

have you read all four issues? crazy stuff.

spike is better. i miss the fight scenes with him and illyria. she fights angel's dragon. very funny. me laugh. good.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i never really liked fred, which is odd, because she is a character i normally would like. i think it's because she almost immediately turned into a sex object.

but illyria... wow. she's dreamy. hope she stays cool.

and no, not issue 4. 1-3 only. but it was good stuff so far. keeping wesley was the smartest thing they did i think. he really made the show for a lot of people, and his death was extra-super-lame.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Sephone
Lost Knight

Post by Sephone »

I'll second the Wesley vote. Yayyyyyyy!!!!! I actually agree with the fred as a sex object thing. I really liked her when she was a crazy genius, but then she was just, allof a sudden, fine. Then there was the fred/gunn cuteness w/ the Wes angst. That got old fast. But the thing that really got to me was that she did the "girl thing" with Wesley.

"Oh, hey. The hot badass female character [ Cordellia episode] thinks he's cool. Hmmmmm..... Yup, I want him now."
Irritating.

But as long as Illiria is around to counter balance I might be okay. Despite the fact that the Fred to Illiria episode was, with out question, one of the best performances; by the time fred died/wasconsumed I was happy to see the back of her.

On the note of the telipathic fish: That came from the Spike and Lorne vs the puppets Shadow Puppets comics. (that or the asilum one) Which i have ...so far... resisted the urge to track down and buy. They look good though, but there not done with joss.
Apparently the writer working on angel did work on that and the fish was so popular that he dragged it into the LA in hell 'verse.