Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

IC: The Last Supper

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio arrives back at the abbey just in time for diner and searches out Marco to take a seat.::

"Marco, may I take this open seat? I have heard you are possibly leaving us?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Marco excuses himself from the other brothers and joins you. The others do not seem pleased. This may be a combination of distrust of you and the fact that technically, he would be breaking his vow of silence. Still, he is respected enough to get away with such a thing. The fat monk carefully lowers himself into the chair and eyes his bowl of blood before saying a quick prayer and joining you in conversation.

It is often difficult to pay full attention to his words. Like a large blood sausage. Marco is flush with vitae, full to the point of nearly bursting with it. Your mind occasionally wanders to such an imagined site, stiring the Beast within you ::

"Good evening childe. You have heard correctly. I leave this magnificent abbey to resume duties at my former station, the one I last occupied in life.
I was once an inquisitor, drawing forth the heresies among the community and... well...it is difficult to speak of such things. Many things I learned from those experiences. There is only one thing that arouses animals more than pleasure, and that is pain. Under torture you are as if under the dominion of those grasses that produce visions. Everything you have heard told, everything you have read returns to your mind, as if you were being transported, not toward heaven, but toward hell. Un­der torture you say not only what the inquisitor wants, but also what you imagine might please him, because a bond is established between you and him. ... These things I know. I work now to redeem for those days.

The Abbey of Melk, my destination, has fallen into ruin, so rumors say. I wish to continue Malachi's teachings in the grace of more familiar surroundings and in a location suited to attracting more converts and devoted. We owe it to our kind to spread our message of penitence and purpose. But I will not preach of such things to you. I expect not to change your stance. Malachi suspects you have lived many years. Perhaps more than all those residing here, save for venerable Malachi. Brother Othon has many years behind him. Ignatius may well too, though he is quite private on such personal matters. It took much deductive work on my part to name him among the Brujah clan. I know not of your familiarity of our kind. But I go on. Tell me of yourself and your unique experiences."
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio noticing the disapproval of the other monks, takes his seat with Marco.::

"Marco, I thank you for joining me."

::Abellio sees Marco's features and takes a large swig of his blood bowl. Seeing as he is very hungry and down alot of blood.::

"It is always good to travel to ones roots. *aha* Such a position, I now see why my presence bothers you so. Reedeming yourself for your actions. From what I understand of your religion, you have your work cut out for you. I am sure you are up to the task and will prevail.

This Abbey in Melk, you will be making it in this Abbey's image? May I be welcome at this location once you have it well established? Familiar surroundings are ideal in many instances. I thank you for being understanding, when it comes to my beliefs. I have indeed lived many years, close to 1,000 years. Of what clans are Flevotomos, Salvatore, Michael and Renardo? The occupants here, in which I know thier clan, are from clans present in the isles.

As a boy I was taught that druids of our lands held knowledges above those of normal men and were the judgement of those around them. I strove to become one of this class. I studied long and hard the mysteries of our world through riddles and stories passed down from generation to generation. These foundations began my journey of personal growth. I later accomplished my goal and was accepted into a school of druids. I studied further with my fellow druids into the deeper mysteries and knowledges held dear to our culture. Of course my knowledges were sought after by a vampire of the Lihannan clan and I was embraced. I can trace my vampiric lineage to the first of the Lihannan clan and am a third generation member of my clan. My clans numbers slowly dwindle and my goal is to find a way for my line to continue. My perdicament is that I am unable to embrace, the spirit within me has been divided and diluted to far and has caused me to go in search of a way to correct this flaw. Hence I come here to the remenents of the Roman Empire in search of knowledges documented of my druid bretheren, some were captured documents while others were written accounts made by the Roman scholars of the time.

I found this Abbey by pure luck. I have found a few friends here which I count you in that list. I have even met occupants outside this Abbey. I have met Pollox and have found his friendship. After a near fight with Pollox I have exahusted myself. By chance, would you know of the fortification that once stood on this hillside that now lays in ruins? They once stood proud but now are scattered remnents of a forgotten fortification. Also I heard Brother Berro once say the name "Koban" any ideas of what it means?

When will your journey for Melk begin?"

::Abellio continues his meal.::
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Marco wipes his mouth and speaks in an uncharacteristically firm tone ::
“Koban… I know of it. I…I believe such things do not concern us. Let us forget it.

But to answer your questions, childe. Flevotomos, Michael, and Renardo are not fully among our kind. You no doubt are familiar with the ghouled. They receive stipends of their elder’s vitae, bringing them closer to darkness. It is not anathema for those in our order to bring in new embraces. To elevate one’s suffering through the curse is to truly test one’s soul. Through the Threefold Darkness, the faithful of our kind have a choice – to live in carnal sin or to walk the fragile path toward the Light. Redemption through Christ. A wise one among us once wrote…” :: Marco leans back, closing his eyes and speaking reverently, with a cantor likely adopted as a mnemonic tool ::
‘From the moment of his Embrace,
Until the Last Days, when all will be done,
The soul of the Noddist must make a choice:
Dwell static within its dark inheritance,
Or take heed God’s word and walk proudly
Down the Road of Light.
The Lord’s voice calls to all Noddists in the dark,
Beckoning them to join Him in the Light.
Each step taken towards this Heavenly sound
Is a step further forward along the orad.
Some steps cover more of the path than others,
And the wise Noddist soon discovers his own pace.
But lo, the path is narrow and often winding,
And those who stray too far may never again
Find their way back to the path of righteousness.
Thus, the road of the Light requires things divine:
Discipline and faith in rightness of the way.’

:: Marco ponders a moment before resuming ::

“The clans, you asked. Well let us see. Brother Othon is a Cappadocian. A powerful clan, one of the most esteemed pedigrees, prominent in Venice. Renardo was his retainer before their arrival at this abbey many years ago. Soon Renardo will earn his place. Michael, a convert of Salvatore’s, has been in recent years receiving the vitae of Othon. There was… an incident. But Salvatore is another high clan among us. He is of the clan Tzmisce. While mostly nobles and patriarchs, you will find some here of high clans that, due to the political nature of inheritance, have sought a life among the holy. Salvatore was brought here some time ago by Malachi, my sire. Flevotomos has the honor of being the first among my sire's ghouled. Many of the monks here are simple mortal men. Precautions are taken to avoid conflicts, of course. There are numbers of ghouls among us as well. It seems profane to speak of such things. We are one, after all, under the Lord.

You said you were a druid? Ignatius knows something of that order. In fact, I know he is in possession of a work on their history. I believe his may have pseudonymously added to its content. He hails from your isles, so I have been told. He is serious when it comes to his vows and will not speak of personal things. Malachi made his acquaintance many years ago and invited him here to serve in the library. He may be knowledgeable of your clan. Naturally, he will not speak such things to you. He does not leave the library during our waking hours and will not admit you without certain…criteria being met. I will work to procure a history of your peoples, and well as any information on your clan. Our library boasts many volumes of works that cannot be found elsewhere. Surely divine providence brought you to this place for a reason. Perhaps we will help set you on the right path.”
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"I am familiar with the ghouled, although I do not have a human ghoul. I do have two ghouled deer standing watch over the forest. All beings have those choices, it is just more present in ours. Interesting poem, I see its connection to your devotions. I have not yet met Brother Othon, Renardo is a good herbalist. I have only met Salvatore in passing, and Michael I have only seen from a distance. Malachi is just in his dealings, and Flevotomos has a good disposition about himself. Of course.

Yes I am originally a druid a traveling scholar, holy man, and judge in my own right. Now I am of the Lihannan line and am bound to the lands I protect, I only leave when it is neccessary hence my departure from the isles, and my new grounds that I now share with Pollox on simple terms. Ignatius sounds like a interesting fellow. A work of my history would be useful. He is from the isles as well? Interesting indeed,his knowledge may someday be useful. I appreciate your gesture. *Sarcasm slowly makes its way to Abellio* Maybe with time which is abundant for us.*Abellio stops his sarcasm.* I appologize that was not polite of me. Maybe with time indeed.

Thank you again Brother Marco, It is getting late I am tired after my confrontation with Pollox in the forest earlier and I need sleep. Maybe we may discuss matters tommorow. Have a good evening Marco, may your god be with you."

::Abellio waits for Brother Marco's final responses. It is now the day before Marco's death this will be the final meeting with Marco that will occur. After Marco's final statements, Abellio leaves his presence never to see Marco again.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"I value our time spent together. Perhaps your quest may allow you to journey with me to Melk. There is much to do there. Much to do. My road may not be an easy one. I suspect there may be ... resistance. We had a sister abbey there, you see. We have not heard from it in sometime. They were not disciples of Malachi's, but trusted Cainites all the same. We differed in opinion, sure, but we sought similar goals through Our Lord Jesus Christ. But we shouldn't concern ourselves with such things now. Good night, Abellio. Remember, we have nothing but time."

:: Marco excuses himself and returns to his fellow brothers ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"I agree, perhaps that may be a possibility. Differing opinons occur throught history, hopefully it will not be a problem. Tell me how it goes through letters, if you wish I may come to aid you. Good night, Marco may your travels be safe. Time we do have indeed."

::Abellio excuses himself and travels to his room. The next morning Abellio sits in the back pew, during Vespers, in the Abbey.::