If you'd like to see a new forum or category, or think there's something we need to change or remove, let us know here and we'll look in to it.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Dice rolling potentials

Post by Avilister »

This is mostly for my own reference so that I'll have access to it at home as well as from work. This is just a list of various potential rollers I've found that will work under the current code level (phpBB v2.0.22)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=250225

In an initial search, this was all I was able to turn up. If anyone else finds any, feel free to post them. I'll be investigating this one further sometime Thursday (if I don't have a solid look at it here at work).
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Looking this over, I may be able to apply it here from work. I'm getting a backup of the site now just to be safe, but if the site goes down here in a bit for a while, you'll know something went wrong. There are actually two mods that have to be installed. One adds the ability to add more buttons, as seen above when you write a new post. The other adds a button that is just 'Dice' and lets you set a number of dice and how many sides and the like. Depending on the complexity (which I'm still looking at) I may try to make special case commands for special rulesets, notably nWoD and Exalted.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

so where are the DICE!!!!
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Working on it. I've decided it'd be best to update the codebase of the forums as a whole first, since 2.0.23 was the last released version of phpbb 2.x anyway.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

good idea. i was contemplating asking about that anyway, as whenever i go into the admin panel it tells me we are on an old edition. but since it had been working ok i didn't bother. but if we're making changes that is probably best.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Sorry for the huccup there, just updated to 2.0.23 which requires taking things offline very briefly.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Ok, well, steps 1 and 2 are done. The dice code didn't autoinstall like it was supposed to, but I need to go run Exalted now, so I'll have to mess with the installer file tomorrow.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

So, I got it installed, and then the viewtopic.php page broke completely. It would only display a white page any time you try to look at a post. Unfortunately, I don't know enough PHP to fix it right now, though I'm researching the problem. Stay tuned.