In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

which game are you joining zach?? the full exalted run by steven or the dragon blooded only game run by cheyne??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

He's joining mine for the time being, since the DB game obstensably requires more in-world knowledge. This is demonstrated by the fact that Josh's character is bumpkin
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

there is an already present equivalent among the existing NPCs... granted that means he would be a girl but who would notice... :wink:

Although he may not like the idea of being the character that is making moves on josh's character...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

tandi really isn't "making moves," just interacting with him and making friends.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

after talking with cheyne I am gona start buying the charms/skills for war, presence, and maybe performance. The other zenith skills are next plus athletics. I already have a good amount of integrity charms.

I should be able to raise a huge army loyal to me, and use it to attack the realm. =)
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

sounds good to me. really, like i told you, i think the key is to start differentiating at this point. we all have the basics down, (though i do advise everyone get surprise anticipation method or something similar; the resistance perfect defense will also do the trick) so now we can all get our separate areas of cool. or if you are me, you can just keep sucking.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I looked at some charms last night, and if anyone cares, here is my analysis of our situation and where some people might think about branching:

haley: Investigation. it complements your skill set, aids stealth, aids presence, and is generally good. and we desperately need it. there are three charms worth getting, and they are all only skill 3 to purchase. you also need linguistics high enough that you have old realm and high realm at least, possibly others.

adam: socialize is going to be a lifesaver and you already have the most important charm i think. bureaucracy is our big hole now though, and i thought you said you had some points in it. if there are any low point cost charms available, that would be teh awesome.

jason: after thinking about the stuff we talked about, i think you need to get tiger warrior training as soon as possible. we need good troops, and we need our citizens to be able to work as a militia if necessary. you are the key to this. your presence stuff is good, but not as useful to the empire.

cheyne: while i know you are interested in increasing your combat efficiency, it isn't really necessary. really, you need to build up the linguistics tree. perfect defense, surprise anticipation method for social attacks, surprise social attacks, and mind control writing are all more useful to the empire at this point. investigation may also be something to keep in mind.

Paul: i looked through the lunar book, and some charms that stuck out were [sense borrowing method (perception) paired with an animal control charm to be the survielance equipment for our entire realm], [righteous lion defense and true to the pack dedication to make yourself immune to mental control], [secure den prana and its prereqs (wits) to hide the party and keep it safe], and last [combat stuff; dodge tree for perfect defense and surprise anticipation, lunar fury charms, and damage increasing charms].