Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

rydi
Site Admin

ooc: stuff

Post by rydi »

just realized there wasn't an ooc board.

anyway. i'm still interested, but mario isn't the type to really do some of the available stuff. yeah, i made an npc. but he's fun nonetheless. i need to buy some animal ken and crafts w/my xp.

feel free to spend my xp for me. i'm really getting to like having no control over the mechanics of my character. i actually don' remember my stats. nor do i want to. it actually is alot more like real life.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Your character is cool just the way he is. I love my character. Steven's character is never there when you need him :cry:
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

cheyne really does want an npc. i still think the character has options. simple people aren't worthless. he certainly has a lot of potential. i am thinking of things to do for him now. i don't want to be heavy handed, but what the hell. you guys have the death to investigate. i'll move that along a bit if you need me to. mario remembered the letter. if felix won't do his thang, then you could always break into the Scriptorium during the day.

i wanted to provide plenty of settling in time, to make it a more natural and productive place to be. hell, if you guys really get sick of it, kill everyone in town or move to venice, but i think the abbey has plenty to offer. i didn't want to be lame and just have werewolves attack the haven or some random outside threat. i originally anticipated more socially oriented characters, people that would care about regional politics. i still have more ahead and of course, time will begin passing more quickly.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

oh, don't get me wrong. i like my character, and i don't in all honesty think he is really just an npc. i just have different interests with him.

he started out with illusions about how he was a grand monster with awesome power. then he found out that just like in normal life, there are more powerful people ready to slap you around, and that life is still often a pain in the ass. after that set in, his power trip went down, and he realized he just wanted to find acceptance and something to do that he didn't hate. and in the middle of doing that, he occassionally wonders if he is really damned, and if he is doing the right thing with his unlife.

my interests are in developing my character, interactions with people that don't scare him, and more "normal" stuff. if he politics or fights, it will be because he was drug into it. in a text based game, that is a bit more viable than in a live action game.

as far as investigating the death, i don't care about it that much. i will present the info from the letter to anyone that cares, what little i know, but other than that, i mainly want to blow some pretty glass, and learn to speak pig. and in real life, we don't exactly get to spend xp, so i like not knowing exactly what i can do, or when i get another random dot. it is much more exciting for me.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

oh, cheyne and mike get 5 eeps for participation this week. steven gets punched in the taint. i intend to base such things of criteria, but eh. you guys did things and that is good. enjoy!
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(This is a repost of Quoted valid posts and my possibly incorrect view of the rounds occuring and the actions in initiative.)
durden wrote::: You have the first week to yourself. As you grow bolder and more curious, you spread out, almost looking for trouble. Finally, on an unusually warm evening, you spot Pollox in a clearing, seated among a series of large cut stones that must have once composed a fortified structure. Though his back is turned toward you, he raises a hand, motioning for you to approach ::

"I have not met one of your kind so attuned to nature. Though I consider your kind a blight, I believe you to be the threat to man, not beast. You belong in a crowded city street, feasting upon the sick and filthy human rubbish. Malacahi asked that I show you some companionship. Seems your 'brothers' up there do not take kindly to other ways of thought.

There is one thing I have wondered since our last meeting. How do you handle yourself in battle?"

:: The last statement is emphasized not only by Pollox's standing, but by his voice upon speaking the last words. It was deeper. More...bestial...::
Guardiankrillin wrote:::With the motioning of Pollox's hand, Abellio steps forward and takes a appropriate seat to speak with Pollox.::

"Although in the distant past there were many similar to myself, in the current times my beliefs, and ideals have been placed aside for the newer ideals of this current age. Although many of my kind flood the city's of these current nights, it is not my wish to join them. I feel freedom and purpose here with the forest. I wish no harm to come to the land or animals that live here. I will have to remember to thank Malachai for making his request. My 'brothers' do not remember the old ways as I do. They align themselves with new ideals and have forgotten tradition from nights past."

::Abellio knowing that all of his knowledge and charisma mean nothing on the fields of battle. Remembers a time long ago when battle was neccesary to preserve his very traditions he protects now.::

"Although I am known for my vast knowledge and my oracular ability. There was once a time in my distant past, in my home country when my abilities meant nothing. For the battles that were waged back in times past were over the very thing I still hold dear to my heart to this day. I did fight for my beliefs and ideals alongside my country men as time has told we failed to hold significant hold over the area. It is now plagued with other belief systems and the traditions have been washed away slowly with time like rocks on a shoreline. However I was fierce in battle I did not waiver, although my country mens overall goal was not met we did fight for what we believed in none the less. I am not one for battle but nor am I one for cowardice."

::Sensing a possible hostility, Abellio spends a blood for nothing more than to bulk up his physical stats in Stamina traits slowly as he is speaking as to not cause any alarm and to not provoke unwanted engagement::
durden wrote::: While blood flushes through your body, strengthening your physical stature, your friend next to you also bulks up. His already impressive height and build increase to inhuman proportions. You are aware of his kind, though you may have never directly encountered one. He is Garou. He is ready for a fight ::

"I'll show you how much your ideals matter, creature."

:: Pollox, now in glorious Crinos form, reaches for his large two-handed sort which rests nearby and now fits easily in one hand. He wastes no time, lounging forward to attack ::

Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1659332/

(First attack will miss. Roll dodge and soak, along with your own attacks if you choose to defend yourself)
guardiankrillin wrote:(Assuming that the xp expendature was okay and that we are going with Dark Ages 2nd ed rules. Also since I am not usually a dice based player if I do something that is completely wrong tell me, so I may watch for it later. Abellio Rowan Rander)

::Abellio blocks the first swing with an arm and lets it draw blood. Abellio uses a free action to activate Witness of Darkness (Protean: Eyes of the beast) and spends a blood to activate Talons of the Beast. Two Blood will be spent to increase Dexterity traits. While this is occuring the drawn blood will be activly spread across the ground in a spiral fashion. This is the first round that a blood has been spent to use Consecrate the Grove. Abellio will continue to actively dodge in the fashion into the next round.::

(Roll Dexterity + Dodge to activly dodge after spending 2 Blood for Dexterity)

"My ideals matter as long as I believe in them."

::Abellio will also continue to spend a second blood on the second round of combat for Consecrate the Grove. Therefore allowing Consecrate the grove to take affect at the begining of the third turn. As a free action on the second turn Abellio will spend 3 Blood to increase his Strength traits. On the final ring of the widdershin Abellio will charge with his claws and make a Dexterity + Brawl attack with his claws. Abellio is interested in becoming the victor if possible but also has no intentions of killing or maiming Pollox to the point of death or permanent impairment. If it is not possible to defeat him he wishes to provide a worthy fight to Pollox.::

(Roll Dexterity + Brawl to make a claw attack *Note in book says accuracy +1*)
(Roll Charisma + Survival to rouse the spirits using Consecrate the Grove)

*******Rolls**********
Roll 1 Dodge
Roll 2 Attack
Roll 3Consecrate the Grove

(Abellio is down to 11 Blood if he was at full before this scene and has now buffed all physical traits to a 4.)
[quote=""durden"] mike, roll to soak his third attack. he scored two success with lethal dmg. [/quote]
guardiankrillin wrote:(Sorry, Hope I did the combat correctly and the current soak rolls.)

Soak Rolls for the rest of battle
durden wrote: Pollox easily bats your attack aside with the flat side of his sword. Next round, Pollox attacks in the same fashion with three rapid sword swings.

1st round Dodge:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1664283/

2 round Attacks:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1664281/
(So I presume that this is the order that combat occured exactly? Please Correct me if I am completely wrong because I am lost.)

::Though his back is turned toward you, he raises a hand, motioning for you to approach ::

::With the motioning of Pollox's hand, Abellio steps forward and takes a appropriate seat to speak with Pollox.::

"I have not met one of your kind so attuned to nature. Though I consider your kind a blight, I believe you to be the threat to man, not beast. You belong in a crowded city street, feasting upon the sick and filthy human rubbish. Malacahi asked that I show you some companionship. Seems your 'brothers' up there do not take kindly to other ways of thought.

"Although in the distant past there were many similar to myself, in the current times my beliefs, and ideals have been placed aside for the newer ideals of this current age. Although many of my kind flood the city's of these current nights, it is not my wish to join them. I feel freedom and purpose here with the forest. I wish no harm to come to the land or animals that live here. I will have to remember to thank Malachai for making his request. My 'brothers' do not remember the old ways as I do. They align themselves with new ideals and have forgotten tradition from nights past."

There is one thing I have wondered since our last meeting. How do you handle yourself in battle?"
:: The last statement is emphasized not only by Pollox's standing, but by his voice upon speaking the last words. It was deeper. More...bestial...::

::Abellio knowing that all of his knowledge and charisma mean nothing on the fields of battle. Remembers a time long ago when battle was neccesary to preserve his very traditions he protects now.::

"Although I am known for my vast knowledge and my oracular ability. There was once a time in my distant past, in my home country when my abilities meant nothing. For the battles that were waged back in times past were over the very thing I still hold dear to my heart to this day. I did fight for my beliefs and ideals alongside my country men as time has told we failed to hold significant hold over the area. It is now plagued with other belief systems and the traditions have been washed away slowly with time like rocks on a shoreline. However I was fierce in battle I did not waiver, although my country mens overall goal was not met we did fight for what we believed in none the less. I am not one for battle but nor am I one for cowardice."

::Sensing a possible hostility, Abellio spends a blood for nothing more than to bulk up his physical stats in Stamina traits slowly as he is speaking as to not cause any alarm and to not provoke unwanted engagement::

*******Round 1?*********
:: While blood flushes through your body, strengthening your physical stature, your friend next to you also bulks up. His already impressive height and build increase to inhuman proportions. You are aware of his kind, though you may have never directly encountered one. He is Garou. He is ready for a fight ::

"I'll show you how much your ideals matter, creature."

:: Pollox, now in glorious Crinos form, reaches for his large two-handed sort which rests nearby and now fits easily in one hand. He wastes no time, lounging forward to attack ::

8d10 →[5,8,1,1,4,9,5,4]= (2 successes)****I assume he failed on damage rolls****
First attack will miss.

::Abellio blocks the first swing with an arm and lets it draw blood.

8d10→[7,2,6,4,1,4,10,5] = (3 successes)****I assume damage roll was failed again****

:Abellio uses a free action to activate Witness of Darkness (Protean: Eyes of the beast) and spends a blood to activate Talons of the Beast. Two Blood will be spent to increase Dexterity traits. While this is occuring the drawn blood will be activly spread across the ground in a spiral fashion. This is the first round that a blood has been spent to use Consecrate the Grove. Abellio will continue to actively dodge in the fashion into the next round.::
6d10 → [3,2,8,6,5,4] = (2 successes)****I assume Abellio failed in his dodge but damage wasn't dealt.*****

8d10 → [6,2,6,6,7,1,1,2] = (4 succeses)****I assume 2 success for dmg****
Mike, roll to soak his third attack. he scored two success with lethal dmg.

4d10 → [7,1,6,4] = (2 successes)****I assume the 2 lethal was soaked.****
"My ideals matter as long as I believe in them."

******ROUND 2?*******
Pollox easily bats your attack aside with the flat side of his sword.
8d10 → [6,4,5,10,2,5,10,4] = (3 successes)****I assume he is prepared for a parry****

::Abellio will also continue to spend a second blood on the second round of combat for Consecrate the Grove. Therefore allowing Consecrate the grove to take affect at the begining of the third turn. As a free action on the second turn Abellio will spend 3 Blood to increase his Strength traits. On the final ring of the widdershin Abellio will charge with his claws and make a Dexterity + Brawl attack with his claws. Abellio is interested in becoming the victor if possible but also has no intentions of killing or maiming Pollox to the point of death or permanent impairment. If it is not possible to defeat him he wishes to provide a worthy fight to Pollox.::
6d10 →[3,6,8,1,6,3]=(3 successes)****Abellio's attack tied with Pollox's parry tie goes to defender****

Pollox easily bats your attack aside with the flat side of his sword.

Consecrate the Grove 5d10 → [5,5,3,8,2] = (1 success) Round 3 its effects begin.

******Round 3?******
Next round, Pollox attacks in the same fashion with three rapid sword swings.

8d10 → [3,8,1,9,8,5,2,5] = (3 successes)
8d10 → [10,8,5,6,3,3,10,4] = (4 successes)
8d10 → [3,10,4,3,2,10,6,1] = (3 successes)

******I assume these will be hindered by consecrate the grove and it is my turn to react to the barrage of attacks********
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Consecrate the Grove (lvl 1) -
By bleeding widdershins (in a spiral pattern) onto an area of vegetation, the Lhiannan awakens the spirits of the immediate area, rousing them to her defense. The Lhiannan opens a vein and bleeds one to three Blood Points of vitae onto the earth. One Blood point affects a 10-foot-diameter area; each further point doubles the radius; up to 40 feet with 3 points. This process takes one turn per Blood Point spent.
After the circle of blood has been drawn, the player must roll Charisma + Survival (difficulty 6). Success enables the Lihannan to awaken the plant- and soil- spirits of the area to attack those whom she designates: Tussocks blast outward like earthen geysers, roots reach upward to trip foes, and branches whip at enemies. Victims in the area subtract two from all Dice Pools and must make Stamina + Dodge rolls (Difficulty 6) each turn or suffer 3 dice of normal damage.
The power lasts for a scene. A botch angers the spirits, turning them against the Lhiannan.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

is it just me, or does seeing all that make you never ever want to roll combat on the boards again?
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

I am sorry I am just so confused and I really am enjoying the scene I am just having trouble understanding when things are resolving.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

there is the reason i have you roll my dice for me. when i rolled for you and tony in the bar fight, it was over in a descriptive few paragraphs, and we could get on with things. when you have other people roll, it takes heptuple the length of time, and text, to fight.

i advocate you rolling all things.

the end.

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

If you want to roll my combat that is fine.
Basically Abellio is going to try to use consecrate the grove to his benefits once it is active. Abellio will use that as a time to attack for all he is worth and will probably spend 2 blood for strength and 2 blood for Stamina to keep him goin somewhat toe to toe with Pollox as best he can. Seeing as he is using claws and pollox is using a big huge sword. Abellio will hope that Pollox isn't able to defend against the Stamina + Dodge rolls from Consecrate the grove to help even the odds of course. If it looks like there may be a chance Abellio will spend 1 blood for dex 1 for stamina and 1 for strength and 1 blood to heal from there he will be left with 3 blood total and will not spend any further blood on the match.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

You did a great job of turning that into a awesome battle even if blood wasn't shed I appreciate the results and how the battle was resolved better than all the rolls that would have been a further headache.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I forgot to give eeps on Sat. So 5 eeps for Cheyne and Mike. Whoever get Steven back on here gets extra. We need him.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Thats not fair cheyne has a jedi mind trick ability which he has at his disposal.

He waves a hand and tells Steven he really does want to post on the Dark Ages game and it is all over, I lose.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Since I'd gotten disassociated there for a while, and the skimming I've done suggests that they're going to the Scriptorium, I assumed I'd jump back in when they did that. That said, I'm really bad at keeping all these different threads in mental order, I'm accustomed to PbP games that use a single story thread.