Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

:: one night, after returning from pigging and glassblowing...::

"hey, uhm... fre- uh, a-abelio, i was wondering... would you be interested in finding out more about marco? and his death? i talked with berro, and i think i might know how, but i'd need help..."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio pauses for a moment. This being the first time since their original meeting that Mario has been outgoing towards him.::

"Of course I am interested in finding out more about Marco and his untimely death. If you have some ideas, I maybe willing to help and be of some assistance depending on the task at hand."
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"well, berro told me that in the library, i might be able to get into marco's desk, which wasn't touched since his death. he told me i could get in by using the (stuff. see the abbey thread)"

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Here is the Abbey post for quick Reference The Abbey)

"Since I have arived here I have always wondered what unfortold knowledge lies in the Library. It is actually Brother Berro whom originally told me the knowledges locked inside were unsought knowledgeds, some of great destruction. He suggested going through the Ossarium? You don't know how to get in through the ossarium do you? I may be able to pass by undetected. What do you propose? Is it not against the Abbey's rules, Your rules to go in their sacred library uninvited?"
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"uh, i don't k-know really, i just thought we might sneak in. it is against the rules, but i don't think god cares, just the librarian.

which i guess might be more important in the here and now..."

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"It was Brother Bero that suggested this route. Maybe we should check with him and see if he has any further suggestions. Don't you agree?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"he didn't seem like he wanted to talk past what he'd already said. i think we should just go over there."

(i say we transition to the scriptorium after discussing our plans. so, whenver we get a good plan, we can just move over to that thread.)

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"When would be the best time to sneak in? Maybe we should search for this Ossarium place."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"ok"

::it is clear that mario is not a "go getter" and that he is looking for someone else to lead the way.::

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio seeing this slight deviation in Mario's reactions, Abellio decides to try the opposite route.::

"Mario, Maybe we should do some research ourselves. Maybe we should investigate at a time when Ignatius would not be around to catch us. This search will take time it may not be immediate results, however atleast we would be prepared. Maybe we should seek our information before sunrise.

So we are searching for a letter that was given to Brother Marco before his timely death. Where did you find the letter?"
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"the priest in town had it, and he had started acting funny. but we're not just looking for the letter, we're also looking for his desk, which no one has serched, or at least that's what berro said."

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: A mouse farts ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"Maybe we should see what the priest made of it. Have you heard the name Koban mentioned."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"what's that?"

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(This is what was posted to Mario. Found here The Town)
durden wrote::: The creature halts, rolling its shoulders back and straightening its spine to stand fully erect. It must be seven feet tall. A tense moment passes. Afraid to divert too much attention from your opponent, you quickly scan the area immediately around you for any signs of your staff or any sharp pointy thing. The snowstorm continues unabated, obscuring your vision. You look up quickly to see the creature's attention focused on the sheep for a moment. If it is observing your spoken word, it sure is taking its time.

Returning its gaze to you, the creature lowers its head, as if to nod...contrition? Taking a long step backwards before turning its back, the creature shuffles away without a sound. You search desperately for the fallen staff. You check several spots where the snow has been disturbed, but find nothing, looking up frequently to keep the thing in sight. There it is! The staff is cracked near the middle, where the creature caught it and ripped it from your grasp. It takes little effort for you to snap the weapon in half, exposing a splintered, pointy end just right for stabbing. You move to pursue your attacker and sheep stealer. Despite that awkward march, the creature remains far ahead of you. Just as quickly as it appeared, the creature vanishes from view, swallowed by the falling flurry. The sheep are quit. Only the wind howling in your ear and your own labored footsteps in the snow can be heard. You did it! You beat that thing and asserted your will upon it. Well, at least it seemed to listen. It doesn't matter, you still won. The snow lets up soon, though you are pelted briefly with light hail before the storm fully passes.

A soft voice in your head, perhaps just an errant thought, draws you from the hypnotic spell of the whitened landscape::
Koban. Beware.”

:: Pero greats you several hours later, cursing the cold and holding his hands near his face ::
"Damned fool you must be for stayin out in this cold. Er, I uhm...thanks for watching the sheep. You d-d-don't even look cold. The good lord must have granted you a strength I am sorely lacking. H-How did it go?"
(This is what Abellio has heard of the name. Found at The Abbey & The Woods Around the Abbey)
durden wrote:(Refresh my memory. I you have enhanced hearing, you'll glean a bit more. Otherwise you cannot make out much. Mostly bits from the louder spoken Berro like,)

"Mumble, mumble, trumpets are blowing! I have mumble mumble two, mumble. Eyes watching, mumble mumble. Koban, mumble mumble, tell Dominik....mumble."
durden wrote::: Pollox snorts, almost derisively, when you mention 'Our Mother,' as though he is not fully willing to accept the concept just yet. 'Our,' it seems, does not include you and your kind. ::

"What luxury, brotherhood? Your kind may be wiser in their separation. As for the monks being of help, I think not. I have had a long relationship with Malachi. He and the others seem less than interested in the goings on of others. Only for their suffering. Enemies... they abound. My fellow knights are increasingly unpopular in the West. Though I do not see how any force of men could have penetrated our defenses and left little sign of their work. There are those of us that may easily walk through the shadows. the Wyrm comes in many forms. Vengeance is nothing to live for, and often less to die for. Besides, what can one old man do?

But of course we can continue these talks. We have nothing but time these days. But that name. Koban... I have heard it whispered in the wind. I do not know if it be person, place, or beast. I suspect your friends know. They likely know far more than they have let on. I would be careful. For all their preaching, they are still snakes. Snakes will always bite."

:: He waves you off when you are ready to leave, not leaving his fire ::
"It is a name I heard from Brother Berro from behind closed doors."