Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

IC: Contact: Brother Marco

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Abellio:

:: Marco smiles warmly and beckons you to take a seat with him on a nearby bench ::
“Of course childe. There is much to do here. One may find himself in penitent prayer throughout the evenings of their unlife, but of course, the rest of us seek more meaning to this existence. Mario seems to be doing well among the animal handlers and craftsmen.

I am afraid I know little of you, though I have naturally been elucidated regarding your affinity of nature. I admit, I am a bit unsure of our order’s, or my personal stance. While you could easily dissuade arguments against such a focus by conjuring romantic notions of Our Lord’s creations in and away from our corruptions upon this earth, I see the focus as an … as an anathema to Christ. In fact, Christ is not a man of this world, but one of the Kingdom of Heaven. This existence, even truly for those of us that deem themselves eternal, are not in accordance with the soil. We return to it once our wretched unlives are extinguished through stake, flame, sun, or other means. The earth is the domain of Satan, you was given power over it to tempt man. Jesus himself returned from the earth, rising to the Kingdom of Heaven. But aside from the traditional doctrinal arguments I may invoke, and no doubt others will invoke upon you, I see another problem. One stemming from our long presence upon this earth, since man housed himself in walls, has the children of Caine been upon this world. The truth is, there was a time when things were not as they are now. Such a notion seems simple, yet strikes at the very heart of the Church and its tenants. There is a truth that our kind and man once walked together in an ancient city. In fact, Cainites were even worshipped. Malachi condones such notions, as does Ignatius. They refuse to accept such a truth, as it undermines their belief of the separateness of our kind from mortal men, and our natural inferiority to the children of Our Lord. But such things should not be discussed. I regret mentioning them. These are not popular notions here, as you can imagine. I agree with Malachi on many things. But I also believe the past most inform our present.

But this simple monk only pretends to understand such things. The path Our Lord has laid for us is clear. We should be careful not to let such…trivialities distract us from our journey, wouldn’t you agree?
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"I do wish some meaning to my existance. I bring untold knowledge locked in stories and rhymes, of long ago. I carry training in the ways of nature and her surroundings. I may be accepted by Malachai as a reflection of the path lest traveled these days. To remind you of your faith in this man you call Christ. I will atest I do not know much about this deity. Maybe Malachai has allowed my stay in thoughts of converting me to your beliefs in time. I do not hide my beliefs just as you would not hide yours of your christ among others of my Faith. It is however a time which my faith is becoming a dieing breed. Although I will not lie it is something I wish to prevent, as a curtisy to Malachai for his acceptance and kindness I will not bother this congregation. However my clans ranks are also thinning, which disturbs me with every evening. My true goal is to help my line continue. However I am dually cursed. Not only do I carry the same curse of many others and my clans inherent curse. I also am cursed without the ability to create progeny. My sire believes it may one day be possible to correct through other means, but this curse is one part of my reason for being here. As you regret mention of Malachai and Ignatius, I too regret bringing this to light. However for you to get a true feel for my predicament it is neccesary that you know I am only here as an acceptance from Malachai, and a mission of sorts for my survival. I wish no harm to anyone here as that would endanger both of these purposes and goals. We all have faults and I hope you are gracious enough to look past mine. As I have heard it preached here during my stay forgiveness is the road to salvation.

I agree we should do as you suggested and not allow these trivialities distract us from our journey.

From afar I have watched for a station or group of stations that suit me. So far I have thought about speaking with the herbalist, maybe you would be able to introduce us. Besides maybe with assisting the herbalist I can impart my knowledge and he can impart his. While I may be able to leave the abbey less influenced by my beliefs while running his errands possibly outside the abbey. I have already assisted with the animal handlers and their slaughter a few weeks back. Also it was suggested by Malachai that I make friends with Pollox. I hope that you have some knowledge to impart on this subject. Last but not least I would like to learn of how to run an establishment such as this. What it takes to keep this place active through such diversity and daily activity.

:Abellio awaits patiently for a response.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Abellio:

:: Marco looks somewhat flustered as he sputters for a moment, looking for words. He calms himself as he almost ritualistically adjusts his habit. He replies in a soft tone, with an hint of haste ::

“I appreciate your … discrete nature. I suppose many of the old ways still continue, and are also waning. As for your predicament, I cannot speak to Our Lord’s mysteries. Old ways fade. Some here would tell you this is in preparation for the coming end of days. Brother Berro knows much of this. He is also old and wise. Perhaps your search for a uhm … cure, should begin with him.

As for your interest in herbalism, I would be happy to introduce you to Brother Renardo. I imagine he may well find a place for you. But dawn nears and I have duties to attend. Good day, Abellio. After prayers , I would be pleased to introduce you to the other brothers.

:: Marco places a hand on your shoulder then hurries off. You suspect he was somewhat outside his comfort zone, discussing such matters with a pagan such as yourself. You may wait until after Vespers to contact the two monks. Your presence during prayer would likely make others uncomfortable. Strange that they seem so intolerant of other ideas, as though they struggle to convince themselves of their own. But these are musings for another time. The son is rising. Time to retreat into your dark corner ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio not meaning to discomfort Marco, realizes he already has and recieved a small bit of enjoyment from it. He will keep his enjoyment hidden though. He does find Marco's reaction and understanding very strange.::

"Perhaps a few centuries from now, we will say the same of the current ways. It would be nice to meet Brother Berro. After prayers then?"

::As Marco hurries off, Abellio takes the same notion. He heads to his and Mario's room.::

To Mario and Abellio's Quarters
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Although Abellio has the thought of causing unease he forgoes the action of siting in on thier prayers. Abellio waits diligently outside the area that Vespers is taking place for Marco. Abellio responds when Marco is first seen.::

"Ah, Marco I have been awaiting your presence. Did your praying go well?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Marco tugs at his habit and smiles calmly ::

"Always childe. Our Lord hears our prayers and continues to provide strength in our path. Our curse becomes a welcome burden through his forgiveness.

You wanted to meet the others, yes?"
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

"Ah but of course, lead the way."

::Abellio follows in step with Marco.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Abellio:

“Very well.”

:: The swollen monk walks you across the churchyard to the Balneary. The building lays adjacent to the Infirmary and is similarly supervised by Renardo. You enter through the simple wooden door to a musty smell and balmy air hanging within the room. Separated one from the other by thick curtains are rows of tubs. The monks use them for their ablutions, on the days the Rule established, and Renardo uses them for therapeutic reasons, be¬cause nothing can restore body and mind better than a bath. A fireplace in one corner allows the water to be heated easily. You find it dirty with fresh ashes, and before it a great cauldron lays, overturned. The water can be drawn from a font in another corner.

You see a form in the far corner, working behind a curtain. Renardo the Herbalist enters, nodding kindly to Marco as he approaches the fireplace, looking to light the fires that will warm the baths. The figure behind the curtain hears the commotion near, drawing the curtain to great the visitor. The monk is old, old in physical appearance that is. He stands hunched over as the ages have dragged him nearer to his grave, you think to yourself. Old is simply a state of mind, you remind yourself. How has age affected him?

Marco introduces the old monk as Brother Berro. You are happy you arrived before the monk made it into the bath. Not a sight you wish to behold. Brother Marco exchanges kind words with the monk then excuses himself. Marco is always busy, conferring and mentoring other monks and performing administrative duties. The old monk holds out a hand and speaks ::

“Hmmm… By the grace of God. I have wondered when we might meet. The other brothers warn me to avoid you. They speak of heresy and corruption. Some, such as the good Brother Marco, know better. There are those of us not so fragile in our faith that we cannot confer with, or even learn from, those of other visions. Why the studious brothers in the scriptorium often seek the voices of the Arabs and children of Mohammed. Brother Michael studies many of their techniques. Should not our northern kin equally possess insight? But I speak around the issue, do I not. You are here. I am here. The beast is roaming about the abbey. ..”
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio bows to Brother Berro as he has noticed it customary to do.::
"Brother Berro, I do appreciate your open mindedness. Not many posses this quaility, it is highly appreciated. Brother Marco suggested that I speak with you of knowledge that may be gleaned on a condition of the soul that inflicts myself as well as others of my line. This may be a coversation you may wish brother Renardo to be included in or that you rather speak in private quarters on. Either way is fine with me, as long as I am not looked down apon for my weaknesses. Also I wish to learn more of someone as open minded as yourself."
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Renardo hears his name mentioned and scoffs ::

"I have better things to do child. Brother Berro, use those bath ingredients I provided. They should help you rest more calmly. Goodnight."

:: Renardo leaves and Berro continues, pointing a finger to your chest, poking it with the boney digit ::

"Is my mind open? That is the way to let in all sorts of unwanted things, is it not? I am merely resolute in my convictions, childe. You are not likely to corrupt me. I see no reason to fear you. You are not the beast I fear. I am concerned with the great beast that comes from the sea. Seven heads and ten horns and upon his horns ten crowns and upon his heads three names of blasphemy. The beast like unto a leopard, with the feet of a bear, and the mouth of a lion ... I have seen him. The library holds the key.”
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Moved this thread to Location: The Infirmary)