In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Knights: IC-The Starlight

Post by rydi »

The Starlight is a high class nightclub situated in new downtown, directly south of the capital and just west of the college portion of the arts district. It is an official elysium, and one of the havens of Anita, a kindred of the Toreador bloodline of Daeva.

The Starlight attempts to blend a modern feel with that of the 1940's. The establishment is divided into several areas, with multiple bars, a large and small stage, and a VIP balcony area over the larger of the two stages. The lighting is low, there are plush leather seats in the booths and on the chairs, and the staff are attentive but unobtrusive.

The clientelle are varied. Some come for the live performances which, due to Anita's influence in the entertainment industry, often feature notable figures or talented new artists. Many of the town's more well-off individuals come for the air of wealth and taste. Business people, lawyers, and important city bureaucrats come to eat a nice meal while taking in the soothing atmosphere after a hard day of work. The occossional lower class couple can be seen here as well, often celebrating an anniversary or other special occassion.

And then there are the kindred. In the past, the Starlight has served as the official elysium of the city, with court held there and the former prince working out of the back office. Anita has since divorced the club from that role, pushing people towards one of her unused houses, but many of the older, more affluent, and more influencial of the city's kindred (and other supernaturals) still come, perhaps out of habit, or the feeling of safety and class that Anita's sanctuary seems to project.

Pictures pictures pictures. bleh.
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Mr French arrives at the nightclub and requests a private booth in the VIP lounge for himself and a Mr Johnson::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"one moment please"

::the host looks you over, then refers to the reservations list.::

"...right this way sir."

::as you leave the other host picks up the phone.::

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Jacob walks into the club and greets the host with a handshake with a palmed $100.00::

"Hi, I was supposed to be meeting an associate by the name of Mr. French, he should have arrived here before me, if you could show me to the table, and if you could insure some privacy that would be wonderful. Also, if you would call Anita and let her know that I am here with someone, it wouldn't do to show up unexpected and not greet her."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::a look of recognition passes over the young womans face, and she mumbles into the phone she was holding that "there's no problem after all"::

"Oh, that mr johnson! Yes, your party is already here. Just let me take you upstairs sir. i've already told anita that we had visitors in the vip area this evening."

::you are seated next to mr french. a rather attractive young woman, that jacob would recognize as Anita, can be seen taking a glance at the table from a window in the door to the staff area, but she seems to lose interest when jacob appears::

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Mr French stands to greet Mr Johnson.::
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Hello Elias, I trust that you found the place easily. Please have a seat."

::Jacob gestures with his hand at the empty seats and sits himself::

"This is probably one of my favorite haunts in this city, its the ambience. I asked the owner of the establishment to come at her leisure and meet you, it is always busy however so I don't know if she will be able to find the time. So might I ask, where are you planning on staying until you can establish your own place?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::sits::

"For the time being I'm staying at Nick's hotel, he has graciously allowed me to reside within his domain. And I agree with you completely, the ambiance here is unparalleled. I am most impressed. This is much more the kind of setting I am accustomed to doing business in. Do the kindred come here often?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Ah, wonderful, Nick's hotel is unparallelled in class, I am sure that you will find it most accomadating. Kindred do come in here from time to time although its popularity seems to wax and wane with the current trends at the time. What exactly is your business, I don't recall you mentioning it?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Mr French smiles::

"I...do a lot of things. I suppose you could say I'm a contractor. As I said before, I do a bit of investigation, from time to time. So tell me, do you have any cases at the moment that I might be interested in?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Not really at the moment, things have been fairly tame lately in the legal department"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

"Ahh, I see. Often times the jobs of our dreams wind up requiring far more waiting then we would prefer. So, is DA in The City where you saw yourself ten years ago? It's a good position, don't get me wrong, but you strike me as the type to always have a higher ambition. I'm the same way. Heck, ten years ago I certainly didn't see myself where I am now. I was on the fast track. I had dreams of the public eye, fame, respect, wealth, power. As you can imagine with my current condition, despite other events turning against me, all those dreams had to vanish. So, do you see yourself moving to DC at some point in the future?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I had dreamed of being a lawyer for most of my childhood, so in that regards I love my job. As far as feeling unfulfilled and not being where I wanted to be 10 years ago....well I am still young enough that I guess I still feel as though I can conquer the world. Seriously though, as I have matured my goals have just changed, but I think that is just the way of existence. What about you, what were your goals and aspirations?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Nods slowly in understanding::

"I entered a world of subterfuge and constant change, well aware of what it was. I had imagined myself a leader among men, eventually rising to a position of authority by which my decisions would save lives and protect...what needed to be protected. Were it not for some foresight and a heeded warning, that world would have claimed my life some years ago. Now? Now I'm finding my place. The world of my kind is even more deceitful than the world of the mortals, I can only hope that I learned something from my life as a mortal that might preserve my existence through whatever troubles lie ahead. I've learned at least this much, that surviving the give and take of any game played out over any period is equal parts knowing the terrain on which you play, and knowing the players, including ones self."
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Very insightful and true. So tell me, what do you think about this little town that we have here?"