rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"huh? oh, i dunno."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Up the large staircase is a heavy locked door. You must walk carefully to avoid the sunlight coming through the stained glass windows. Whereever the ossarium is, it isn't up this way.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(im confused as to what i'm doing. but i want to meet steven's character and make it do stuff. what am i doing? help me have think brain nar.)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Well, Berro seems to know things. If Steven does stuff, then cool beans. Otherwise, you are barred from the Scriptorium. The Ossarium was mentioned, but you aren't sure how to access it. Ignatius' routine is still a mystery. Ignatius himself is still a mystery.

In all honesty, it's hard for you to proceed in this, even if I have Berro help you more. Your two characters won't make much sense of the library if they can even gain access. I am working to extend this and create other happenings (Salvatore, for instance). I originally had four academic characters. Now none. I'll have to work around it, I suppose. What the hell would a special kid and hippie do in a library? Burn it down?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i mainly want to look in the desk. and if we can get steven involved then we have an academic character. but the only way to do that is to break in and rescue him from the books apparently.

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio not interested in being toasty, looks for loose blocks along the stairwell leading up to the heavy locked door.::

"Mario we shall not travel up these stairs at this time I do not want your second death on my hands. However help me search here where the light is not near and see if there are any loose blocks we can pull out and hide behind. If we find anything it can be used to hide behind later if we use this route during a darker hour. Soon we must get back to our room and wait for another day."

::Abellio is attempting to push hard enough to budge any loose Blocks::

(Roll Perception + Investigation to seek any moveable blocks.)
(Roll Strength to push on said blocks)

*********Rolls*************
Roll Perception + Investigation
Roll Strength
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario will assist in whatever abelio is doing.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Before pulling up loose stones, you notice that the windows are set high enough for you to hug the wall, ducking underneath the sun's rays. This is a spiral case with only one side facing an outside wall, in a northerly direction. You will live. At least, Mario can soak it long enough.

As for breaking in. It is certainly possible. Just decide how to bypass the door. Smash or screw with the lock. Pull off all the blocks around it. I dunno.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(mario pulls out masterwork theives tools and rolls for it. percentile, cuz it's still second ed...)

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Felix, apparently somewhat more sane, is actually sleeping in his quarters. If he knew you were up and about, he'd wonder what the hell was wrong with you - don't you know the sun is up?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(when we get the door open and find out it leads outside, we'll be wondering the same thing as we die a painful, burning death.)

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio takes another look up the stairway.::

"Mario, we have made it this far as of yet on second looks it looks safe to get up there if we crawl under the high set windows. I think we should atleast try once. Just be very careful as I said earlier. I don't want your second death to live with for the rest of eternity. If we do this I need you on your best concentration ever."

::Abellio slowly waves Mario to follow, and starts ascending the stairs to the top. Minding the high set windows and where the light is touching.::
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I made a roll. Nothing weird happens and you manage, by taking some extra time, to safely ascend the stairs. You face a heavy wooden door, kept closed by a heavy iron pad lock. You guys could probably smash it. It isn't meant to keep out supernaturals. Someone could just spend vitae to raise their strength and smash. If someone can pick locks, then go for it. Just remember that you may well leave strong evidence that someone has been in here without permission. Without being part of the order, neither of you are sure exactly what they do to people who break the rules. If it's anything like the city, you are as good as ash.

I someone wants to wake Felix, then that is doable. You would be buring more daylight and increase your chances of getting caught. Not all monks are Cainites, but all sleep during the day, unless they have some special duties. Anthes works the garden and Renardo may use the daylight hours to locate ingredients and prepare potions and things. The workers are about and seem to keep odd hours. You are not sure how exactly they are controlled, but they seem mostly oblivious to the supernatural nature of their masters.

The power is yours.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio touches the door to check for warmth and checks to see if it is possible to see any sunlight under the door.::

"Mario are you good in the crafts of door opening. We need to see if we can get in without notice. We need to get past this lock."
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

No apparent heat or light. Seems a window does not shine directly on it.

Crafts of door opening. Good stuff.