In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Knights: Cabal-Agreement with Kindred Counsel

Post by Amseriah »

I would like to discuss with you the contract that we will be presenting to the Council in regards to our services. We need to come up with a system by which we can "charge" individuals and groups for services rendered. My thoughts are that we would do best by using their system of favors/obligations that they call boons for our more potent services, and currency for minor spells/tasks. My logic in considering money is that while we have the capabilities to come up with any amount of money that we need, quiet a few of them can involve risk either due to paradox, or just getting discovered, also by forcing to use currency for tasks it weakens their ability to call down a great amount of temporal power in the form of resources and bribes. Now as for the exchange of services for boons things become slightly more complicated. I suggest that for single lesser spells/assistance we should require a minor boon. Any single spell that is more powerful in nature we should require a medium boon (i.e. any single spell that requires the 3rd dot in its primary Arcanum). For powerful rituals and extended tasks (such as the task of helping to find the Giovanni in the city) we should expect a major boon. This payment can be awarded either by the Council as a whole, Councillers/heads of sects or clans, or individual Kindred on a case by case basis (if an individual needs a ritual but has nothing that we could ever need from him, then he may be turned down or directed to find a more influential sponsor [ooc: yay Kindred: the Banking!!!: I will front your boon for you but in exchange your ass is MINE].

Give me your thoughts and suggestions, I would like to have a finalized proposal to present to the Council by the next Court.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

seems a bit steep, but if they go for it, more power to you.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

It could indeed be a bit steep, just don't have any points of reference to come up with this
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

price may be steep but that is not the big issue.. if we charge that much how much will they charge to do things for us?? also we have to look at how much recordkeeping that is... Summer Game:The Accounting is not what I am looking forward to playing...

as an example of effort I did not use any spells that really were high in rating... just really effective use of lower level utility spells due to my arcanum mastery... but when I make Thaumium items... that is an 8 dot (5/3) spell plus the time to make it (min 8 hours for minor stuff)... that is going to be a HUGE boon to someone... but before I do that I need to finish discussing with Cheyne how to balance their presence in the game and not "flood the market"... but once that is done they can start appearing....
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.