In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
durden
Lost Knight

Knights: IC-Location: The Rant

Post by durden »

Tucked away in the Industrial district of the City, this former auto-shop now houses a punk rock bar owned by Kafka Durden of clan Daeva. Previously known as THE Gangrel/Brujah hangout, the bar now houses many of the same customers, as well as more refined clientel (mostly there hoping to work out some arrangement with Durden through his extensive influences). Despite its owner's success, the bar is still a dump, sporting an old jukebox hotwired into a poor system of speakers. Live bands play frequently. Tina, a Daeva siren strongly resembling Madonna from the 80's, serves you drinks and flirts heavily with anything that moves. Durdens band of neonates frequent the bar and serve as contacts for their mentor. It's not a good idea to come dressed in your Sunday bests. Though, the establsihment did once serve as Elysium...

jake
Knight

enter jake

Post by jake »

Dressed in his normal clubbing clothes consisting of a mesh of punk and goth fashions, Jake enters the club and takes a spot at the bar looking for Tina.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Tina saunters up, tosses a beer down the bar to a customer, and moves toward Jake::

"hey sweetie, where you been the last few months? I thought you was never comin' back..."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

jake
Knight

Post by jake »

::Jake seeing Tina coming down the bar brightens up and smiles.::

"Hiya love, It has been a while hasn't it. I was just coming down here to check up on ya and party a bit. Can I get something mixed to drink?"

::Looking around a bit more::

"Also is Durden around tonight, I haven't seen his mug in even longer than I've seen your pretty face."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::smiles, and then becomes a bit more serious::

"he's been dodgy lately. now he's all important he's gotten like, paranoid. he comes in every once and awhile, but he's always with some of the boys, and the rest of the time I don't know where he goes... but i think he said he might be in tonight for a meeting... oh, there goes your mixed drink!

::Tina points to a young woman of clearly mixed asian and caucasian descent selecting a song on the jukebox.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Durden enters, waving of a crowd of people moving toward him offering drinks and company. He is wearing the usual tattered jeans and vintage shirt that reads Crass, covered by a black suit jacket. He pats Tina and notions to the back room (mini-Elysium). His "boys" find him as he passes the pool table and follow. He stops abruptly, as some jerk is leaning against the door, smoking and hitting on a rather attractive goth girl. Durden waits several moments before leaning his head back to signal Bob (known as Heroin Bob on the street) to remove the gentlemen. The poor jerk with the upturned collar turns just in time to see the large man descend upon him, lifting him off his feet and depositing him hard on a nearby stool. The group enters the back room and shuts the door. You don't spot the goth girl. ::
jake
Knight

Post by jake »

::Jake looks momentarly sullen then perks back up and turns back to Tina::

"Dodgy indeed but at least the t-shirt fit. I think I'll postpone the drink for the time being. Is anyone else back there or were there people waiting for him?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"not that i know of... if you need somethin' you can just go knock."

jake
Knight

Post by jake »

"Well at the very least i can just say hi or bye, depending on what the case might be. Thanks sug."

::Jake gets up off the stool and walks over to the door and knocks::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::An unassuming man, appearing to Kindred as a vampire, though his skin seems flush and he appears human at first, enters the bar. He seems to know the bar very well and slides onto a stool at the bar.::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::The waitress, approaches you. her dyed blonde hair, leg warmers, and bubble gum give you a good guess as to the period of her embrace.::

"What'll it be hon?"

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

"I do not always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"um... we have bud, bud light, coors, coors light... yeah, no dos equis."

::while speaking she reaches under the counter and pulls out a nice, cheap american beer, which she pops the top off of, and hands to you::

"you're new around here, you sure this place is your type of... uh... place? or are you here to see durden?"

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::The man smiles politely::

"I just thought I'd check out the place, it seems popular. If you think Durden would want me to pay him a visit while I'm here then that would be fine."
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Thinking better of waiting, the man walks over and knocks on the door to Durden's office::

((For purposes of continuity, this does not have to be simultaneous with Jake's visit.))