In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i'll start using them. actually, it makes no sense for me to. but other people should use names.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I use Jade's name often enough and despite it not being a name EPR is known by all... and then there is clicky clicky... does anyone know what haley's character name is??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

haley does. i think.

let me ask while i go shit.

sa'rel. or sa'ren. she wasn't sure. :shock:

Sephone
Lost Knight

Post by Sephone »

Sa'Rel. and I don't know what your talking about, we use each others names all the time. just yesterday tinman & I were having pancakes with Eeaper (EPR) & talking about dragon 1 and the dinosaur.
Image<a href="http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/ ... areyou.asp">
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.</a>
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ǁʔeḳa !ʔakhã is jason's character's name. i get to name him, because i bothered to look up sandawe, which was actually a pain as i had to find a list of sandawe words and search around for that, since it is a poorly understood, poorly studied, and underused language.

it means "blood-tooth" and i have no idea why his people named him that. he probably bit a dragonbloods throat after he stabbed it with his spear.

i will give 1xp (a whole 1!, not a fraction) in the dragonblooded game, if someone can tell me how to pronounce it correctly, and cite it so that i can check their work.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I can't even read that from my work computer. The characters get all mangled. Looks like ǁʔeḳa !ʔakhã to me.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

that is pretty much what it says. punctuation marks are used to represent things like glottal stops and "clicks" of different types. look up sandawe on wikipedia, or perhaps click language.

adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

UCLA has a website where Sandawe speakers are saying different words, I got blood and tooth off that site and put them together in a single sound clip. I will show you it tonight. Wheres my eep?
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

:tongue8:

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

WOW... it is the eep eating emoticon
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.