In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

Exalted: FoB - IC: Boat Ride South

Post by Thael »

[I do not have much to say at the second but figured this needed adding. We dont have a lot of game time so some board interactions could allow connections to build. Also this time frame is in the past on our way to the city.]

::A slow moving shipping barge makes its way south on the Grey River. Its usual cargo from Nexus bound for Jades is absent as a result of the ecclectic mix of passengers.::
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Sitting in the bow of the barge with his back facing South the Realm refugee sits staring at a book sized object of Blue Jade. His lips move as he is apparently reading. Nearby is a leather armor tube that protects his bow, he is never seen without it.::
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::In an empty space on the deck a small non-descript female is excercising. She is wearing garb fit for a deckhand but with excessive volume in tunic as if it was too big for her. Her long white braided hair flashes in the sunlight as she flows from one side of the deck to the other while doing her forms.::
My Color is Blue
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Other passengers aboard the medium sized vessel give both Dragonblooded and anyone else obviously extra-normal, such as the man in gleaming power armor or the twelve-foot tall man, a wide berth. The ship has a few small cabins, of which the party occupies two. There are, perhaps, half a dozen other passenger cabins.

The ship's captain, whom everyone calls just "Cap'n" (indeed, he introduced himself, "I'm the Cap'n o' dis ship") is a grizzled old sea vetern who will, if anyone asks, regale listeners with long war stories of his time as a crewman in the Realm's Air Fleet. His service to the Realm ended decades ago and he rapidly retired to the Scavenger Lands. The ship has four other crewmen, including a pilot, and a first mate.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::the young woman clad in the raiments of death with the glowing eyes and pale skin is friendly to everyone. she sits by anyone she finds even marginally interesting, and tries to participate in their activities. she shadows the captain and crew as they sail, and she reads over the shoulder of her wood dragon. she climbs on her giant, and plays with her primitive while he swings the spear. she helps with any menial labor the cre gives he. she simultaneously annoys and ingratiates those willing to tolerate her presence long enough to feel anything other than fear.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(anyone but me and thael care?)

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

(do you ever try to mimic or spar with Ocean Cheyne??... your character creeps Jade Sage out way too much for interactions at this point in the timeline)
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::the young woman often tries to play with her water dragon when she is dancing. sometimes the dragon will dance with her, and it is fun. though sometimes her water dragon seems upset, usually when she hits it (with raw bone shattering, destructive blows that should not come from one of her build, and based in a style of fighting that seems to almost be more viscious, instinctive brawling than any true art, but delivered by the girl with a beatific smile and faraway look). but the girl tries to dance anyway.::

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Reeling from an expectedly strong blow, especially when sparring, Ocean gets perturbed::

"Why you little...."

::Still on her hands and knees on the deck her eyes flash deep blue/green and 3 tendrils of power lash out in the blink of an eye. They dent the deck on either side of the immature brat and the last cracks the board on the wheelhouse above her head::

"You want to play rough then say so up front next time."

::Ocean storms off for her bunk::

*mumbling* "Rotten....rancid....who does....little punk....."
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::the girl seems to enjoy the tentacle fun, and seems dissapointed when ocean leaves. she runs after her and holds her hand::

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Ocean is stopped by the persistant doll like creepshow tugging on her hand::

"Hey! Stop that! What the shadow do you want? I am not going to be your punching dolly. Didn't anyone ever tell you how to spar??"
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::she pauses suddenly, cocks her head, and contemplates for a moment. she then shakes her head no.::

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Ocean looks puzzled::

"Didn't someone teach you to fight? Surely they didn't 'always' go all out. They had to take it easy or they would have killed you the first session."
My Color is Blue
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

::sits at the edge of the boat watching nature occationally looking at the others on the boat. ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(didnt see ur reply for some reason)

::in a whisper, she replies::
''teach? no... except the rainbow man... and the ghostman, but they always played like this...''

(whenever conversation ends:)
::after being yelled at and not understanding, Peace goes to read over jade's shoulder, findinghim more relaxing. she plays with her spear man on the way there.::