Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Avilister
The Mitten King

Forum Update

Post by Avilister »

Hello, all. I've updated the forum software. This required installing an entirely new forum system and then migrating the database over. It is now the default for lostknightsrpg.org. You should find the experience anywhere from somewhat to much improved. The old forums will be sticking around at oldforum1/. I'm working on a way to try to disable new registrations there entirely (I think I know a good way, but have yet to test it), though I can't find a way to deactivate them completely without also disabling access to all the posts. Anyway, I do not recommend using it any further as the databases for the new and old forums are now separate, and so any new posts will no longer be migrated from there to here.

The new forum has more mobile support than the old one, and should have improved anti-spambot functionality. Currently I have it set to use a question/answer system to authenticate humanoids. These questions and their answers can be customized. For example, I've set one of the questions to be "What are birds made of?" and an acceptable answer is, of course, "levers". If you have any suggestions for questions to prompt a prospective new user with, submit them (probably in this thread or somewhere, I don't know - figure it out, you're smart people) and I'll add them to the list. Most of the currently listed ones are a bit in-joke-ish, but I figure that will keep the answers from being Google-able by a machine (though a determined human could likely find the answers, except maybe to that birds one).

Anyhow, I declare the new forums available for use. They should be fully functional now. You may want to take this opportunity to check your signature and other bits of your profile to make sure they made the migration intact - I can't really check everyone's, but I did notice that in looking through some of the posts, a few sigs looked broken.
:violent2: