From the time of the Minoan eruption through the modern nights, there have always been characters. Characters we play.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Giovanni Chronicles

Post by Ivanovich »

We semi started doing Giovanni Chronicles Saturday. I don't know when we will finish the first book and if we will actually go any further after that since the only important stuff really happens in the first book and the fourth, but the fourth is kind of a weird change in pace.

If you want to have a character for this book, feel free to make one. It is using ancilla creation. (8/6/4, 15/11/7, 8 backgrounds, 7 virtues and 15 freebies, disciplines will be selected after embrace) Clans will not picked, but randomly rolled by myself. If there are some clans that people do not want to play then post those here. I will take that into account when I roll it up. There are actual game reasons that random clan selection makes sense and can be fun.

Lastly all I need is for people who are playing is to post a one paragraph blurb about their character. Mainly where they are from, what they do and why they might stand out from the common population. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Martin de Valence is the 4th son of a French count. Not suited for monastic life and not particularly talented at violence, the family doesn't much know what to do with him - and he doesn't know what to do with himself. He leapt at the invitation to visit with some foreign noble - some travel might do him some good, and maybe he'd find a pretty foreign girl to bring home.

I'll only outright reject Tzimisce as a clan, since I've got a major one in that continuity. I might also reject Ventrue, as it is one of the most boring possible options for a character that is a nobleman (even if it is one of the most obvious options; also I've already got a young one in the modern part of the timeline). Pretty open to most of the others though.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Inigo is the son of a Spanish merchant family. Though his family was rich enough to send him to study at university and travel around Europe, he is keenly aware of his station and what he sees as unfair divides of class and wealth that stratify society. Embracing the emergent movement of humanism, Inigo settles in Genoa, ostensibly to carry on his family's business, but spends the majority of his time debating ethics and reason with anyone who will listen.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

For those who have not posted a character blurb or may have forgotten it I am posting what information I have about your characters. If you want and desire please expand upon your character concept with a short blurb.

Adam - Dorstein - son of a trondheim farmer (Norwegian)
Haley - Renaria Matisi - illiterate kitchen woman whose father taught her the art of sword fighting. (Italian)
Jason - (no name) - nobleman (British)
Angela - (no name) - nun (no nationality)
Paul - (no name) - nobleman (Venetian)
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Sister Mary Florence has been with the Sisters of St. Augustine for nearly thirteen years. She has been a hard working force within the church. When she arrived covered in blood and ash over a decade ago, obviously a child of war, it was assumed that she would die or leave, but either fear or complacency seems to keep her in her place.

Ange (From Northern French monastery, origin unknown)

I would prefer things I haven't played before. (Would love Lasombra if it is appropriate)
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Fallout:
Cappadocians remain a clan. Japheth becomes the leader.

Augustus diablarizes Cappadocius incompletely and is in turn diablarized by Iona.
Claudius is killed by Uriel during his attempt to diablarize Japheth.
Most or all of the Conspiracy of Isaac are killed during the fray.
Inigo manages to diablarize his sire, Lord Leopold Valdemar. Martin fails to diablarize Lady Jadviga Almanov while helping Hardestadt kill her.

Other:
The Cappadocians moving forward slowly develop into two bloodlines. One become administrators and the general face of the clan. They develop Dominate over Auspex and favor the original Mortis paths (Grave's Decay, Corpse in the Monster, probably the Bone Path) for the Necromancy. The other bloodline is research-oriented and prefer the more esoteric Necromancy (Sepulchre Path and Ash Path) and keep Auspex. Both bloodlines keep the original Cappadocian clan flaw, Fortitude, and Necromancy as disciplines.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Re: Giovanni Chronicles

Post by Ivanovich »

If we ever play the second book (I think it might be possible I am giving it another look) albet in a heavily modified fashion, you all should spend 225 xp on your characters for the 222 years since the first book. If you would like to make a story about what your character has been doing from 1444 to 1666.

The second book starts in February of 1666.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

For the record, what did everyone's clans and gens end up being in this?

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Baron Martin de Valence was embraced by Iona and is a 5th generation Toreador as a result. I have 6->5 written in the generation slot - I assume he diablarized someone in the battle, but I don't know who now. I thought it was Claudius earlier, but above I posted that it wasn't.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah, I remembered that. I can't remember what I ended up as though. Or anyone else for that matter.