Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

Another Game?!

Post by rydi »

so. i was flipping through gurps, and it occured to me i could easily run another game on these boards.

pros:
easy maintenance
slow pace
something else to do when the other games aren't going
you get to make a new character (#crunch!)

cons:
more crowding of the already crowded online gaming
more stuff to distract from attention for the other games
i have to learn the system for gming as well as playing
you get to make a new character (#crunch!)

the concept i was thinking of was horror, but not the kind thael is doing (eventually). cthullhu is it's own thing. i was contemplating a number of different concepts:

-norms that are in a town/city/world and hunted by monster(s) and must think their way out (this comes from my desire to see a movie with well-trained, intelligent people kicking monster ass, but in a non-cinematic, gritty sort of way)
-monsters planning their hunting of humans, and dealing with military and spiritual threats
-a group of underpowered psi's (mediums, pyro k's, tk's, precogs, etc) that investigate/thwart the paranormal.
-turkeys, mutated by the spiritual decay of the world, that haunt the dreams of poverty stricken humans in third world countries and convice them to attack first world countries in petty ways, such as urinating in their food at restaurants, after traveling there from their country.

anyway, just looking for comments. if you find the idea interesting, say so, and also pick a type of horror, even if it isn't listed here. if not say that too. but don't ignore me. i need your love :(
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

cheyne you are a sadistic attention whore... 8)

the moderate psi's sounds too similar to what a cthulhu game would develop into unless you are running it buffy/angel style.. if so I might enjoy that kind of game... its campy daytime horror but still related...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Psi in horror sounds fun. I was thinking of taking an advantage from the horror book for Ignac that allows severed limbs to continue functioning. Good stuff. Zombie apocalypse sounds fun too.

Not sure about another game though. Only Gurpforge has started and is only running at impulse right now. Us school people are busy for the next few weeks (though we will undoubtedly have characters ready...we suck). I am not yet sure that any of these games will work out.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i think after school is less pressing things will go better for the other games. yours should be slow starting but steady (monsters bs-ing in a monastary; how hard is that?)

cthullhu depends on thael and him GETTING INTERNET AT HOME! damn you thael...

gurpforge is moving along. encounter is the only one i'm worried about. i'm actually more interested in it than alot of the others, but it's not seeing much love.

as for me running... not sure how i feel about it, but i'd like to have something to do on the boards, and if i can set the pace, and play a bunch of npc's, it will entertain me. not sure what i'd do though. still looking for more suggestions. all of the games running have some element that would overlap with anything i'd run, but i need to try to minimize that overlap if i do anything. i also don't want to do p.apocalyptic setting, as i don't want to drain from final knights ideas. psi would probably be best, but would have to be kept separate in feel from cthullhu. maybe make it more modern, or set in a wierd, unsused time period. or make the powers interesting, like using the trinity system or something. or have sex with a duck.

QUACK!

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well if you did the psi then I would have time to actually build something to run for cthulhu which is why it has not done more... I have not given people anything to work with to make characters so no progress... it will change sometime
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i could. i would definitely want more input as to what people want from things though.

i also propose using a diceless system, of some sort, but keep the character sheets as a guide to the action (you have str 100... lets see, that lets you lift 2 tons...). but i'm not sure how people would feel about that.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I think you know my ideas, so I won't repeat them. :P
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

um... actually i don't...

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll give you a hint. It starts with E and ends in xalted.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

game that I run. not game that you run.

ME RUN GAME. ME NO DO EXALTED. WHAT GAME YOU WANT NOT EXALTED TO PLAY.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I'll play Exalted. Is there any math involved?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

*stabs chris*

no exalted.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I already made a character...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no. baby jesus kills your character.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

We should have a game where we just make characters. I want to run a Hackmaster game. Go!