In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

GurpForge: Top Secret Federation Files

Post by rydi »

This information is on a strictly need to know basis. Individuals below Senior Captain (O6) without special clearance may not access this information, and in the event that these files are accessed by unauthorized persons, said persons will be subject to secret trial and possible memory erasure to be supervised by the Federation Council of Psionic Safety and Security.
Last edited by rydi on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Secret Files

Notice to all starship captains: All those in a position to deal with the planet Aterna, or any of its people, maintain extreme caution. While they are a full member planet, and have shown nothing but good intentions, the population is possessed of a great deal of power (see ARCHIVE: SKOLIAN CONFLICT). Further, part of our agreement with them is that they are never to be tested or experimented upon, so keep your medical staff away from them unless the Aternan’s life is in danger (in which case you will need to provide the supplementary file on ATERNAN BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHYSIOLOGY to your chief medical officer).
---
SKOLIAN CONFLICT:
(Recorded by Admiral Modomo, after the signing of the Skolian Accord)
I write this knowing that few will see it. But I feel that there must be some record of the events of this final battle of what has now become known as the Skolian Conflict, and further, I feel I must attempt to sway those in power to act in the best interest of the Federation, which they cannot fully understand without some insight into what has occurred here in the Acanthus sector. I was one of the fortunate few who was allowed into the trust of the Aternan people. I worked with them to create the Skolian detectors, and to create the battle strategy that has brought us to this day of victory. I am honored to say that I have never worked with such competent, wise, and truly honorable people. And I am ashamed to say that I am also truly terrified of them all.

I will not repeat everything I saw during the battle, as I am not even certain that I understand everything that occurred. But so that those reading this will understand what we are dealing with, I will relate some of the more disturbing.

I witnessed an old man, older than myself, with whom I had played a game of chess and exchanged pleasantries on the nature of society, flying on the outside of my ship, surrounded, according to the ships scanners, in a magnetic field of such intensity that it blinded our forward sensor array. He looked at me, smiled, and then used that same magnetic field to rip apart a Skolian heavy cruiser as though it were made simple foil.

I met the most noble man I have ever known, a man who I am certain would willingly sacrifice himself for anyone, of any race, simply because doing so was “right”. I saw this man grab the Skolian flagship by its main supports, and drag it through space, against full thruster power, and place it gently on a nearby moon, ignoring the weapons they fired at him as he retreated.

I saw a bird of fire, floating in the darkness of space, with a woman at its center, and this bird consumed three ships that would have destroyed us. We blinked, and it was as though they were never there.

As I said, these are but a few of the awesome displays that I witnessed that day. And, as the leader of the Federation armed forces, I feel that my words must be heard. While I am certain that those of you reading this are frightened, and for the sake of the Federation some of you might be wondering whether it might not be best to destroy these Aternans before they can do further harm, I must vehemently warn you against such action.

To do this would be to act against everything that the federation stands for. It would rob us of a valuable ally. It would destroy a good and honorable people. And, the most pressing reason of all: to try might lead to the destruction of all we hold dear.

Please, head my words. Make peace. Make them your allies. And for goodness sake, never let the public know what happened here.

-Admiral Modomo
---

Terms of the Aternan Truce
1.The Federation public will not know the capabilities of the Aternan people
2.The Federation will respect the boarders of Aternan space, and non-Aternan federation citizens will visit only designated areas within Aternan space.
3.Aternan will be given full member status within the Federation, and will not be subject to rules beyond those governing other races.
4.Aternans will begin a program that will lead to the eventual stabilization of the Aternan genome and a decrease in overall power, for the good of both the Aternan people, and the Federation as a whole.
5.The Aternan people will refrain from utilizing any powers that exceed those of standard level 3 psychics or mages, or strength beyond that of normal biological races of their size, anywhere outside of Aternan space, unless otherwise authorized by a ranking Federation official
6.blah
7.blah
8.blah
9.blah
10.blah
---

stuff
Threading the Gerbil since 1982