In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: If people want me to type my character speaking normally I'll do it, I just thought that it would be a fun way of rp-ing
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"Begin preparing some tactical models of the enemy vessel based on the debris fragments and hull scoring of the derilect."

(Are we going to try to save all of the countermeasure? We really don't have room for it, there's an awful lot of it. If not, we should probably destroy the hulk.)

He looks at the appropriate crew member, "Do one more long-range scan of the vicinity. After that, I think we're about ready to be on our way." He nods to the teleoperated robopilot, "Plot a course to resume our previous heading."
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

*the doctor also determined that the scourge ((the frozen bugs in the black suits)) are psionic. He might be able to tell you, after a good diagnostics roll, specifically what they are capable of. Note that only individuals with psionics in their race template can have this determined post mortem...*
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Avilister wrote:"Begin preparing some tactical models of the enemy vessel based on the debris fragments and hull scoring of the derilect."

(Are we going to try to save all of the countermeasure? We really don't have room for it, there's an awful lot of it. If not, we should probably destroy the hulk.)

He looks at the appropriate crew member, "Do one more long-range scan of the vicinity. After that, I think we're about ready to be on our way." He nods to the teleoperated robopilot, "Plot a course to resume our previous heading."
*the fragments were of a missile, it appears that only armaments can be determined from the evidence you have here.*
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

(I figured we can at least get an idea of what sort of punch they pack. Whether we can determine anything else is up to the engineers - and you!)
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

*Begins to collate the data that our probes and away team have gathered to create tactical mock ups of the attacking ship*

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1567366/

*Target numbers on the first 2 rolls are 12, the tactics roll has a target number of 11, this is not taking into account taking my time to work on this project rather than in a stressful situation*
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

*the only real data you have is the approximate properties of the missile, the destruction of the engine column, and the laser burns.*

Analysis:
Energy beams: These are powerful beams appropriate in size to either a turret on a large ship or fixed mounts on a smaller one. Turrets on larger ships tend to mount weapons in doubles or triples, these are single, more indicative of a smaller craft.

Missiles: The engine column was carved up with beam weapons and then struck with two missiles simultaneously, the chassis' from these missiles would have recoiled or incinerated, and would not be present with the derelict.

The special missile: This weapon was customized to penetrate this specific model of ship, and to do little damage beyond puncturing the hull in a specific area. the recovered chassis indicates that it was fired from an external rack, and not a missile bay, further reinforcing the small ship evidence. This special missile would not be effective against a TL10 or better ship, it is specifically designed to compromise the ship type encountered, with the countermeasure in place.

Boarding party: With their rainbow lasers, heavy battle armor, array of equipment, and as yet undefined psionics, the Scourge boarding party seems to be a real threat. If the parameters of the countermeasure are to be taken as a gauge of what tis designers knew about the scourge, the plague, and the curse, then it would be safe to assume and compute that the Three are capable of using teleporters, and do so. Of all of its properties, the most important one is the inhibition of matter transportation. Second to that, but just barely, is the instant sealing of hull breaches and absorption of energy weapons. It is clear that the countermeasure is designed to keep boarders from entering the ship, and if they do get in to hamper their progress. You can determine about the boarding party, as they were at the time of the incursion, that they are fast moving, carry powerful weapons, and may be capable of psionic attack. For most humanoids, power armor like theirs would be designed to enhance a jumping ability, allowing the wearer to bound from place to place. However, the Scourge boarders' armor is designed to enhance the running speed, and provide stability while doing so. They also carried vibroblades, and so were clearly prepared to engage in melee. The majority of their equipment does not have apparent activation controls, except for their rifles, these have standard triggers. It might be estimated that their equipment is activated psionically, seeing as they have racial psionics.

Beyond this, you are unable to make any assessment, the data just aren't there.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Captainsomediscoveriesofnote..."

*I blah at him, putting emphasis on their boarding troops.*
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(keep talking funny. i like it.)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

*OK, I just don't want Gideon to kill me and laugh while doing it*
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(i wanted him to however)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

(I still will. What's done is done.)
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::The upper portion of the head of the pilot spins back to console but the lower portion remains facing the same direction while speaking to the Capt and Security Officer::

Aye Aye Captain. Course is now plotted.

It would seem the defenders, for lack of a better descriptor, were well equipped based on their available resources and even the new lifeform as a defense measure was an expected layer of defense. As an aside I would recomend the readying of any sonic based weaponry in case we find the need to fight in a similar environment. It is possible the Three could have a similar strategy. Of note is the ability of the Three to not only penetrate the ships defenses with their sensors with enough accuracy to detect a self-destruct device but with a weapon capable of successfully and surgically removing such a system. I am concerned that despite mounting a series of defense aimed specifically at protection from the Three, that it was believed to only be a delaying tactic so they could ensure their own death on their own terms versus capture. This points to a fate worse than death for either themselves or others by virtue of information/hostage capture. We should be highly concious of infectious attacks with words like plague and curse being used, especially with the corpses recovered.
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Averygoodpoint...Iamverycurioushoweverabouthowthesituationovertherehaschangedin500years"
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Well it seems we will have to have more information before any realisticly accurate speculation along those lines can be attempted. Without knowledge of their respective societies we cannot know how focused they are on technological development or their primary method of attaining new information (internally through development or by theft from others). In the situation before us we have a potentially oppressive group that may be restraining the development of others. Conversely that same situation may lead to exceptional progress among the opressed due to necessity and desire for survival. We will need to have more data to determine their current state, however as to their technological abilities evidenced in the attack we can do some further study in order to ensure our own survival.
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.