In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Challx bursts onto the bridge, assumes his position, and begins to attempt to assess the situation::

"Oksowoulditbesafetoassumethatthereissomethingtherethatthoseothershipsareorbitingaroundthatisdrainingourpower? Atrapmaybe?"
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Skills rolled
Electronics - Sensors (to get data on anomaly)
Electronics - Sensors (to get data on ships detected)
Electronics - E Warfare (to verify no attacks of that method)
Electronics - Communications (to check for hailing frequencies)
Electronics - Repair (to analyse effect on ship - ie what is damaged)
Starship Piloting (to move ship to a safer distance from anomaly)

Dice results in order
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621021/
3d6 → [4,3,1] = (8)
3d6 → [4,6,2] = (12)
3d6 → [4,1,1] = (6)
3d6 → [5,2,3] = (10)
3d6 → [4,3,5] = (12)
3d6 → [4,4,6] = (14)
here are the results... My Electronics! skill is 13, my Piloting is 25
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

The captain frowns as he stands from his seat and paces the perimeter of the bridge, taking in the numbers and other information scrolling across the displays.

"Get the information you can. We need to stop this energy drain or we're going to be dead in the water."

He addresses everyone on the bridge, "I need options, folks. Can we get our power back? Can we move?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(i posted thael the results of his rolls in pm. he will repost)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

We are currently orbiting an event horizon the size of a moderate solar system with a gravitic signature equivalent to a large star. At our current power levels we are unable to pull free. Also the initial crossing into this field drained about 50% power and is continuing to drain about 1% per min. At this rate we have less than 50 min to correct the situation or we will be dead in the water.

Sensors also indicate there 3 other ships within the anomaly's effect. All 3 appear to be without power or life and scanning has provided us with schematics of each. Each seems to have suffered the same effect but failed to correct it before running dry. Also each vessel is of very diverse design and technology, one is similar to the hulk we already found, and have been scavenged to some degree which might indicate this is a trap that can be circumvented somehow.

I don't recommend we try the teleporters as the energy stream will likely be affected by the anomaly and accidents or worse could occur.
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"If we kill everything else, life support, lights, sensors, gravity - everything - and threw it into the drive, would we be able to pull out?"

The captain returned to his seat and templed his fingers, thinking.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Let me run the calculations on that.
3d6 → [3,5,3] = (11) Computers at 13
3d6 → [3,3,5] = (11) Electronics at 13
3d6 → [6,4,4] = (14) Piloting at 25

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1622415/
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Captain, according to my calculations we are only short of the necessary power for reaching escape velocity by 3-4% if we act fast. If Ignac can work some miracle genius for getting us a short boost we can make it. We can buy more time by having all hands suit up and shutting down life support. However our current situation presents a problem, which is exaggerated if we shut off even more systems. We cannot afford to maintain enertial compensators online to achieve this and the result is likely to incapacitate organic life, at best. Depending on equipment on hand we might be able to cram all organics into the shuttles and initiate their compensators which would protect their occupants. We might also be able to use the fighter craft for this pupose as well. If we need more space maybe we can cobble together something with spare parts to rig a temporary solution.

::OOC did we ever decide on how automated our crew compliment was??::
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(nope... But i'm going to work on that... in another thread...)

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Captain, Dirk, mypoweredarmorisequippedwithananti-mattergeneratoristhereawaythatwecanuseittosupplementourpowertoallowustoescape? Icanusetheonboardgeneratortopowerdevicesjustdon'tknowwhetherwecanpatchitintotheship."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(Chris? we need your love...)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Wasn't I waiting on something? Oh well...)

Ignac reports to the Engineering station on the bridge and works to reroute power from all available systems to break free.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(was there a specific way or plan? did you want to try to drain power from paul's armor? fuck w/other power systems? any other brilliant ideas that will let me add bonuses to your roll? also, there is the issue of the g's required to break free and the fact that there won't be enough power to run the energy fields that keep you from dying from acceleration, and the fact that impulse isn't designed to normaly let you do that except in the case of fighter planes)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Everthing, including Paul's lifeforce if I can. Otherwise, I may also look to deploy shuttles with tracotr beams or cable to further pull us out. By the Divine Hand of the Great Bird of the Universe. I find it difficult to brainstorm as I have no idea what our ship is capable of. In trek, I would form a reverse graviton beam focused through our deflector array to creat a warp bubble, draining power from all systems and using the attraction by turning into, slingshoting us out as we brush the apex of our turn to provide the extra gs needed.)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(sounds good to me. make thine rolls. engineering and whatever else you can think of that would be usefull)