In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

rydi wrote:::Dala contemplates for a moment, in no rush to hastily decide her, or her friends, futures. After a long silence, she replies.::

"I am certain that I speak for all of us when I say that we would welcome your knowledge, your experience, and your wisdom. But such things, they are seldom freely offered, even by those with ties of blood and friendship between them. Is there a cost? Because I cannot agree to terms by myself unless the cost is something that already is in accord with our goals."
::Nihan seems to have an odd way about her, in conversation and in plans, she is patient beyond time, but in the case of active delays and repeating herself, she lost her temper immediately. Nihan waits for your reply unflinchingly, as she waited with her allies at the market square. Rubius absentmindedly pats his pegasus' nose when it comes up to him, and the others seem to wait for Nihan, having said nothing and having moved only to reveal themselves. An unearthly, unsettling demeanor possesses all of them, their unmoving, unbreathing, unblinking manner raises the hair on the back of the neck of most mortals.::

//Then we are of the same mind, as our assistance depends on your actions continuing to be in line with our designs, and your desires for knowledge or counsel promoting our goals.//

//KNOW this though, we are not the only demi-gods, but we are the four that sought you out to offer our aid, in the nascency of your divinity.//
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

::rachnar seems to be following dala lead far to heavily as he nods along with her comments::
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Dala nods, and begins to disengage from the demi-gods. Further conversations should be reserved for a time when all are present. The lessons these beings have to tell should be heard by as many ears as possible.::

"Of course, and such aid is not soon forgotten. I look forward to your lessons, but now I think we must gather the rest of our number before we talk more about this. I'm sure you'd prefer that you words not be repeated needlessly, or altered by second hand reports. If you need for a place to stay in our city, you are welcome to stay at any of the locations we control, and if you have a point where you would like to meet, I'm sure the rest of our people will be there."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

//We will wait here.//

::And with that, they replace their cloaks and stand, as though transfixed, motionless.::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Dala sighs, both in response to the strangeness of her life, and the fact that it appeared this meeting would not be put off. Not that it wasn't important, but there were many things that needed to be attended to. But there was no arguing with ones like this, or explaining. Hopefully when she was their age (if they were in fact what they said they were) she would be a bit less cut off from what she once was...::

"Rachnar, perhaps you should get the others, these... visitors don't seem ready to settle in and spend the night with us, and the others should be here to meet them."

::Dala settles back into her work at the temple/cemetery and waits for the others.::

OOC: People should show up if they plan on it.

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

//We will wait here, indefinitely. Our attentions can be elsewhere while our bodies are here. This is important.//
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::"Saubwa" returns to the Temple to Lelune after it's moment of enlightenment, to speak with One again.::

"I now know that what you told me earlier, about my not being ready for the journey was true. I believe that now, I have prepared myself for that which you can show me."

::ooc, sorry this is kind of a lame post, didn't know what else to say to him that wouldn't seem like I was repeating myself and making up filler.::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::One looks at you, and seems to study your changes::

"You are moving along the road already, and much faster than those others who have gone before you. What is it that I can answer for you?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I am aware that I am on the very beginning of a path, not at it's completion. What I would like to know is, what are the next steps on this path, or if you cannot tell me because it would eliminate the self sufficient discovery needed to fully incorporate the lessons into my being, can you give me any clues? One more question that I would ask, I understand that I called myself to my old self, that I am still my old self, and that both and neither of those are true, but can I "know" the I that was called from the Outer Darkness or have all parts of myself fused losing what they once were to become something else?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

"You come asking me for clues and direction which I cannot give, and then ask three questions in one which, thankfully, I can answer. You aren't ready yet, and this is why. You seem to think that only one thing can be true, or that any of it is true, or that truth is real. All those things you perceive are correct, and none of them are. Free yourself from the bonds of order, and you'll see that many things happen at once, people are in many places together, and many things cause something individually in concert. Let go."
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

After word eventually reached Aine, she made her way to the temple complex and sought out Dala. As she walked, she considered the trouble of communication. She, and most people in general, did not really have a good, quick form of communication over distances further than sound could carry. Large groups could often work out systems, like signal fires or semaphore flags, for long distance communication, but that wasn't really a solution for small groups or individuals. There were, she knew, a number of spells that dealt with communication, but many were one-way, overly invasive, both, or complex enough that they lacked much in the way of actual utility (since only powerful wizards could use them).

"I'm led to understand that there are visitors?" she asked upon arrival.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"So I have to find my own path, that was to be expected. I will now take my leave. I am sure that we will see each other again soon."

With that Saubwa leaves the enigmatic figure to himself, and on his way out runs into Dala and the visitors.

"Hmmm...Dala, are these guests of ours or are they petitioners to Lelune?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Amseriah wrote:"So I have to find my own path, that was to be expected. I will now take my leave. I am sure that we will see each other again soon."

With that Saubwa leaves the enigmatic figure to himself, and on his way out runs into Dala and the visitors.

"Hmmm...Dala, are these guests of ours or are they petitioners to Lelune?"
Rubius, currently tending to his steed, snaps his gaze to Saubwa, a look of stern contempt gradually smearing his otherwise handsome face. His left hand, wrapped in shield, seems to unconsciously brush the hilt of his sword, reminding him of it's continual presence. His unblinking gaze, cold with experience, lingers a moment longer, and he returns to his tremendous animal, doting on it as has proven his habit.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Hmmmm...this warrior might be a paladin...I wonder if somehow I set off some sort of subconcious reaction now. That is a disconcerting thought. It could also have been my comment about Lelune however...

"I am sorry if I am interrupting a conversation, it was not my intent. I am Saubwa and I am one of the companions to Dala. I was just curious as to whether we needed to meet people and discuss things with them and each other."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Avilister wrote:"I'm led to understand that there are visitors?" she asked upon arrival.
"Yes."