Actually just Pathfinder. For discussion of rules, character builds, and anything else non-campaign related.

Moderator: adam

rydi
Site Admin

general discussion

Post by rydi »

a thread for general discussion of dnd stuffs...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Thing 1:
So, to start out the thread, I am going to state that I will NEVER play a barbarian again. Why you ask? They are filled with boring. Yes they have some power, but I require more intricate methods of game participation than "Dar smash!" to be entertained. I was hoping that the PF stuff would make it better, and it did a little, but for the most part it is still the same class, and since its rage limits alternate actions available, it remains basically a one trick pony (though to be fair it does enhance said trick [hitting hard] a fair degree).

My mistake. I don't plan to repeat it however.

Note: I have used the rage ability... twice, in several months of gameplay, over the course of 10 lvls. It was pretty much never the right choice.

---

Thing two:
Since I don't play casters often, it shocks me how easily they take over the thematics of a build. I had initially planned on my casting backing up my warrior side in gids game. But between power, versatility, and flavor, casting took over completely. I perhaps should have anticipated it, but... I didn't. Real play is in fact not the same as play-on-paper.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I agree with you on barbarians, but I enjoy playing them. I personaly think book of nine swords is a must for gestalt to provide class variaty.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

There is something that is greatly annoying me. Cleric as far as I have seen (I don't know about witch or summoner) is the only class that has it's special thing increase with caster level instead of class level. So, domains increase with caster level, giving you access to the higher lvl domain abilities, including the immunities for the elemental based ones. Clerics get 2 domains and can easily get others, and it is very easy to find a prc that gives you turning attempts. So Cleric is on of the only caster classes that doesn't get penalized for multiclassing....that is lame. People have talked about oracle and how it needs something more, that is a good fix: allow the curse and the mysteries to increase as you gain caster level, rather than class level.