Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

coffee shop?

Post by rydi »

i want someone to go to the magical land of the late night coffee shop w/me. no one will though.

i hate you all.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I'll be there in thirty minutes
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i need love. give me your love.

actually, i mainly just want to talk shop. so many games and ideas floating about, and new systems i haven't played yet. nice oportunity for assisted learning.

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

because I'm a troll, I've noticed that jason, adam, and zach have cruised the forums lately. Any idea if they're going to play? and do we want dalton back for the boards? also is haley interested in any online play?
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I miss Dalton. I shoot at him every time I drive past, but...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no to dalton.

haley is interested, but flakey.

adam don't know.

jason hates boards for some reason.

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

how about other people? I saw that mike? is back (guardiankrillin) but I don't know if he wants to get on the baords and gaem. meh, we have four or five. I've asked omar to make any ship feature requests before the weekend. He's thinking about a caster for gurpforge.

encounter is taking off, slowly. I really like that game too, though it is admittedly less work and therefore less involved at this point. I have your first two 'encounters' planned out, so I'll try to stay ahead of the game by at least one encounter, not including overarching plot elements, which I have somewhat established.

For gurpforge, I need time before I can develop an in depth encounter, I do have some things for you to do aside from meet each other and squabble over power. With the detailed world building tools in the space book there's no reason not to give you every bit of information you deserve for putting together a detailed ship and understanding what it does. and you deserve equally well developed encounters. So it may be a little slower simply because I need to do more work to make the game fun.

for both games I intend to do some scary stuff, though obviously encounter will have a creepier motif and less comic relief than gurpforge will. I don't think I can really creep out any of my friends, but I do hope to send shivers at some point.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i'm fine with gurpforge taking longer, in fact i'd prefer it. learn the system, get the feel for things. it will make for a better game. and having only one game starting at a time is better anyway, as it gives it its own time to shine and root into the minds of players. too many games just muddies the mental water.

playing everything at once will be fine, i just think initiating them all at the same time would be abad idea.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I hope to have DA going here in a month when school is out. I won't have much time though before then to really work on it. So entertain yourselves for a while as I world build, dammit.

Looking forward to the other games, though the learning curve on the new systems might suck for me at first. I looked at advantages for gurpforge in the main book. Found some things that'll make me neat, though I worry about being useful. Not looking to make a combat character, for once. Well, Hiroshi was a puss at first.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

rydi wrote:i'm fine with gurpforge taking longer, in fact i'd prefer it. learn the system, get the feel for things. it will make for a better game. and having only one game starting at a time is better anyway, as it gives it its own time to shine and root into the minds of players. too many games just muddies the mental water.

playing everything at once will be fine, i just think initiating them all at the same time would be abad idea.
I agree. I set up an in character location specifically so that people can get a feel for their character concepts as they develop, and can start to either establish enmities amongst the party or start to settle them. If a character concept just doesn't work with the group, before we find our first thing is a good time to learn that. And how would you feel about a saucer shaped ship? kinda like the saucer of the enterprise but without the lanky body trailing behind. Seems defensible, logical, and potentially atmospheric.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I do not like rp online. However Gurpforge has a small chance of entertaining me.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I was looking at the book and was thinking a wedge design appealed to me more... kinda like an oversized space speed boat... of course the saucer design is good too since it matches the analog I first lept to when you mentioned a ship for us... the Defiant...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

I am interested in DA game and the NWOD paranormal game

Also still have my character from reclamiation and Emily's.
Sephone
Lost Knight

Post by Sephone »

I am pondering on a character for Chris' DA game, but aside from the Real World games that just happen to have an online component, I think I am going to limit my online games to one. (the exception to this is if the OKC Knights game starts up again.)

HH
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

If you like Haley, you can play a character with less presence in the campaign. Right now, the players have four options for havens. you can be in another location, making guest appearances when you feel like it (with some exceptions of course). I'm saying this based upon your past online gaming habits. If you really are looking to be more prominent, there are lots of good character options left.

As for concepts, nun would be awesome. You would likely be from a wealthy family, so it leaves lots of social options. We have a knight, peasant, sailor, and I don't know what else. Or ninja. Ninja are cool.

Clans are still wide open. Weird bloodlines (Lamia, Laibon, or Baali), Cappadocians, Salubri, or whatever.