Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Perro looks confused, sure he was clear ::

"He-he...it was suicide *said in a whisper*. It happened, well, late November. So three weeks, about. We really don't know. Er, why he did it. It was unexpected for a holy man to ... to do such a thing. He had not been himself. More reserved and almost, haunted. We drafted a letter to the vicarship. Ravenna province should send someone. I think. We are a small parish here. Maybe one of your priests? I don't know. Did you take vows?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"well, yeah, sort of. I never really did anything with them, my village's priest did all that, and I was just his assistant... but i'll do the prayer if you need someone. i don't understand why he would have done that..."

(was his death the same time as marco's?)

::mario sets up a time and place for the ceremony, then takes his leave, saying he wants to look at the priest's rooms. he goes there and looks for anything strange or out of place, maybe something to make sense of it all.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Perro thanks you and promises to spread the word. You arrive at the parish, finding the door unlocked. Cause who would steal from the church??

Inside, the disarray you observed weeks ago seems mostly the same. You lack the detective skills to draw any conclusions from what you see. A rope hangs from a ceiling beam ahead. You figure the rope was cut to lower the body and no one bothered to untie the top portion. Poor Phillipe. What could have driven him to this? It seems to coincide with Marco's death.

A rat scuttles across the floor, stopping to observe you for several moments. ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

talk to the rat?

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Lol. Did you want Animalism??
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i've been training for it with the piggies.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Mario gazes intently into the small, beady eyes of the rat. Sudden;y, you feel a connection with the rodent. A series of 'cheeps' leave your lips, communicating greetings and the intent to commit no harm. The rat regards for for a moment, then turns to leave. You 'cheep' desperately to convince it to stay. It halts before running through a large gap between boards. Without looking back, it responds with a sharp 'cheep cheep.' It leaves as suddenly as it entered, leaving you to ponder its message, which you have easily converted into your native tongue ::

"NOT SAFE"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario is alarmed. but also curious and worried about the state of the town. he rumages around a bit more, but only briefly, and then leaves to get someone to help him, someone who knows more about the supernatural world. Did he just talk to a rat?::

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio and Mario arrive at the town.::

"What are we looking into tonight? A rat said, we should watch out for danger?"

::Abellio follows Mario to where he wanted to investigate.::
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"the town priest killed himself around when marco died, and this is the same priest i got the letter from. it seems connected somehow..."

::mario, more confident he won't be randomly killed, looks around the priest's room for information."

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

*********xp Spent**************
(8 xp Perception 3rd dot)
(10 xp Presence 1st dot)
::Abellio intrigued by this possible connection searches about the room for evidence. Checking to make sure no one is around and watching other than Mario, Abellio tempts the thought that this may indeed be a dangerous endeavor turns on his Nights eye ability. This allowing him to not only see better but to also be prepared for anything coming. Abellio searches for any black substances or any unusual dusty tracks on the floors. Also checking the desk he looks for any other documents that may be of use.::

(Roll Perception + Alertness to stay alert to any changes in the surroundings while investigating.)
(Roll Perception + Investigation to check for any Black substances or unusual tracks in the dust.)
(Roll Perception + Investigation to locate anything out of the ordinary or documents that would have useful information.)

"What do you know so far about this priest and what has occured so far. Where was the body taken?"

**************Rolls*********************
Roll Perception + Alertness + Extra dice for Perception
Roll Perception + Investigation + Extra dice for Perception
Roll Perception + Investigation + Extra dice for Perception
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"well, he drank alot. and he was of ill humor lately, and he got that letter. i'm not sure where they took the body. the inn keep didn't say. we could go ask i guess."

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Assuming you guys go to the inn...

:: Gerhard warmly greets the two of you and offers a couple of drinks on the house ::

"Good to see you, Mario! Sad business of late. Perro says you are looking to hold a service for dear Phillipe. How come you haven't taken the vows yet? Seems you'd make a fine priest. Got a good head on your shoulders, son. Who's your friend?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"uh, i don't know... i sort of have taken vows back with my town priest before he uh... yeah, its complicated. this is abellio, he stays at the monastery with us, he'll help with the service and getting phillipe's stuff in order and such. we were just getting ready to go over there."

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"I'll get 'em all together then. Mighty fine of you to do this."

:: Gerhard leaves to call together the town. The cemetery rests near Perro's sheep pen, where Mario encountered the creature. The night is seasonably cold and any vampires out must remember to work to compensate for not having breath. There is a good turnout, as all in town knew Phillipe and are concerned for his soul. Faces are solemn and all eyes are on Mario. ::