Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Mario
:: The scene is as you remember, with Gerhard behind the bar, wiping glass with a dirty rag and feeding drinks to the rarely sober Father Philippe. Gerhard greats you warmly, offering you an open stool near the priest. Fishermen consume their drinks before heading home for the night ::

"Evenin! What can I get ya?"

(Are you wearing priest habits yet, or plain work clothes?)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(work clothes)

"oh, um, a-ale i guess. how are you tonight? did the shepherds wolves ever come back?"
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Gerhard provides your drink and nudges the priest near you, returning him to conscious awareness ::

"You did your job fine. Perro's sheep have been keeping themselves in their pen. That boy of his is a handful though. This is his third winter and the boy runs his poor old mom ragged. Keeps getting out and running off into the woods. Took Perro and some of the men two hours the other night to find him. Call of the wild, they call it. He'll be a real hellraiser. Not much else going on. Jullian and his brother sunk their damned boat again. I got this rash won't go away. Know anything about rashes?"

:: Phillipe moans and returns to sleep, head resting on the bar ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"i don't know alot about rashes. Momma says that you should rub holy water on 'em 'cause a rash is where the devil's tryin' to get in your soul. but there is a man at the abbey that makes creams to put on rashes and wounds and stuff, so you might walk up there and let him take a look.

phillipe looks worse than usual today."

(mario will go hunt down that kid. dangerous being out in the woods at night. devils and abelios stalk the woods at night. and why would a kid be out there at night anyway?)

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

(Yummie A kiddie meal)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(The child is not currently missing, but is prone to run off when unsupervised. Feel free to stake him out, though it seems a waste of time.)

:: Gerhard itches somewhere below the bar and grimaces ::

"It's all I need. A priest smearing some concoction on my shame. No thanks, friend. But Phillipe is just...I think it's just the cold getting to him. He's Been hitting the drink a little harder than usual. I think it's harmless. Can't be turning down a man of the cloth. He's not in much shape to share with you now. In fact, it might be good if you carried him home."

(Assuming you help, Phillipe mumbles to be returned to his parush)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario looks down at the old man, unsure of what he wants to do.::

"yeah, i guess i'll take him home. thanks for the drink. hope your thing gets better."

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"Take it all in stride, I always say. Goodnight son."

:: Gerhard watches as you carry out the drunken priest. He moans sputters in your ear. You feel something warm on your shoulder. Man, you hope that isn't pee...

You arrive at the parish to find it locked. Luckily, the key is hanging from a chain worn around the priests neck. You let him in to find a candle burning, providing enough light for you to clearly see his desk and cot. Once the priest is off your shoulders, tucked cozily in, you check that liquid. It smells sweet. Checking the priests garments will reveal a small container, full of cheap wine. Thank God.

The parish is somewhat in disarray. He has not been keeping a tidy house. Papers are strewn across his desk and wax covers the floor from candles past. As he tosses in his sleep, you notice a series of small scratches along Phillipe's arm. ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario investigates the priests condition, as well as the papers strewn about the area. what could be bothering him?::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

The lacerations are up and down his arms, back, and legs if you look. Not much else gives you any clue. As far as you know, those are self-inflected penitence. Your investigation offers little insight. Exploring his desk reveals some correspondence with the vicar in Ravenna. These seem to be simple minor orders and sorry letters explaining why they cannot send funds. The usual. You have seen similar days from your apprentice days. One letter, written is an reddish ink, stands out. There is an odd script you cannot decipher. You have glimpsed several other languages, but cannot recall (sucky rolls) if it resembles anything you have seen.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario pockets the letter, hoping to translate it later once he returns to the abbey. mario tucks the old man in, and for reasons he is unsure of himself, begins to tidy the place up. after things are more in order, he returns to the abbey, taking a nice stroll through the woods.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Mario:

You are not accosted going through the woods, though you notice several plant species you do not recognize. Perhaps Renardo can teach you some of his trade. You feel someone may be watching you... but you're sure it's nothing.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Mario wanders into town to check on things. The priest especially, and perhaps to see if Salvatore came through.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Gerhard is still a fixture of the inn. After performing some work and investigation already at the abbey, you arrive late in the day, with most men and women bolted and safe behind doors, taking in the warmth of their fires and families. You spot Perro, the guy with the runaway baby and your former boss. He waves to you. ::

"Mario! I see they haven't turned you yet up there. Those priests up there aren't known for their hospitality. Men that travel up there don't normally return. I suppose you heard of poor Phillipe. I understand that none offered to perform his rites. He did commit the unforgivable sin. Seems he never escaped those demons..."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario nods cordially, attempts to make small talk, and then jerks up in shock at the mention of phillipe.::

"W-what?! phillepe... died? how? when?"