In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Rusty
Lost Soul

GurpForge IC: Observation Deck

Post by Rusty »

The Floor to ceiling viewing plates look on the wonder that is faster than light travel. A full bar and kitchen is serviced by one of several drones that tend to the day to day of the ship. Though unified by your common mission, your companions are strangers to you. Perhaps a warm drink would loosen things up?
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

*Several crew members observe the derelict through the viewports while making subdued conversation. The first encounter with an alien craft has left the crew with mixed feelings, the floating grave was unexpected, as was the spectre of some as yet unknown enemy.*
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

*Exemplar butts into some conversation as though she belonged in it. (overall reaction mod is positive, barely. strange culture and powerse balance out with hotness and niceness)*

"I'm sure everything will work out. That craft was at least 500 years old, and was clearly functioning off of low level technology. We have a much better shot at not dying than them."

*Exemplar walks around the rest of the room to "cheer" people up.*
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::whispering::

"yeah besides, we have her"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

*Deciding to take the crewmen's statement as a complement, Exemplar smiles but other wise ignores the whispers and approaches the bartender*

"Hello Guinan-Bot. I'd like a large orange juice please. How are things? does the crew seem to be holding up, or has morale been hurt by this... stuff we found?"

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

*dispenses, looks blankly at the questions*

"YOU...WANT SOME MORE?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"Oh, you poor thing. On my world most of the robots are actually sentient... I'm sorry. I... I should uhm... yeah... Hey! Bob! How have you been doing?"

*Walks quickly away from the strange non-sentient robot*

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

*hey I cant control them all... sheesh lol*
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

* Ignac enters with a padd in hand, reviewing ship diagnostics and needed work. He approaches the robot-server-bot and orders a tomato juice *

"Ah. Misss Exemplar."

*Ignac looks through the viewport toward the derelict vessel*

"I am excited to see what and who we will encounter soon."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"I am too. It's so exciting to be out in the unknown like this, exploring places where no one in our galaxy has ever been, at least that we know of. And maybe I'm crazy, but despite how sad that derelict was, it was kind of exciting too. The threat of danger, challenges to overcome... Why did you come on this mission Ignac?"

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Running his long, slim tongue over his large and protruding fangs, Ignac contemplates the question ::

"To... prove myself and my people. To aid the Federation in this hissstoric endeavor. My people are peaceful and capable. I...I hope that we find many more like my kind out there... This Three. Do you think they are still around?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Challx walks into the room just in time to but into the conversation::

"WellIamnoexpertinanthropologybutIwouldimaginethateveniftheThreethemselvesdonotexistthenwewilltheirprogeny. Itwouldbeinterestingtoseewhattheirculturebecameseeinghowapparentlyoppressiveandviolenttheyoncewere."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(i hate it when things don't show as updated. if i don't respond to something directed at my character in 3 days, pm me that i suck and need to respond.)

"i don't know what these "3" are, but the evidence they've left behind doesn't speak well of their people. But if it comes to it, I think we'll be able to beat them. we have, literally, the best crew in our galaxy, on the most innovative piece of technology..." ::she gets a pensive look as she says the last of her statement, as though she just realized what she was saying, and that there was something not quite right about it:: "anyway, in my people's histories there are records of whole civilizations of violent species stopped dead in their tracks by the efforts of but a handful of people. if they could do it, so can we" ::the note of confidence that can be heard in her voice is unmistakable, and her seemingly perfect faith in the destiny of the crew could likely only be possessed by the insane, or the truely naive.::

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Ifthethreestillexistandareaswarlikeastheyappeartohaveoncebeen,thenwemayhaveaverygreatchallengeaheadofus. Mypeopleusedtobeverywarlikeandthatwayofraisingourlarvahasnotchanged, butevenwiththetrainingitisjustplayuntilyourlifeistrulyatrisk. Ithinkthatevenwithallofthattrainingandequipmentwewillbeveryunpreparedforaconflictinvolvingpeoplewhosewayoflifeiswar...butthatcouldbeverygoodforus, itwouldshakeusoutofcomplacency. Ifthereareothersystemsouttherewithsocietiesthatdon'tadheretoourvaluesandtheydecidedtoinvade, wewouldnotstandachanceinourcurrentstate..."

::he appears to become more agitated and excited as he goes into the possibility of hostility::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Ignac eyes the insectoid intensely, almost hungrily. The reptilain continually licks it's lips and appears to be salivating ::

"Exemplar, I do so think that our ship is sssuperior. Just the three of us here represent prime examples of our species.

Challx, I disagree that war makesss one strong. It is peace that strengthens us. (Says the large lizard with vicious fangs, claws, and who knows what else). War represents a weakness. It is why the Federation has moved past it. We are, as we always have been, ready to defend ourselves and our ideals. As long as they reamin strong, we will succeed."