In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"... you mean you don't believe in magic? wow... well, i knew that the rest of the universe was largely uneducated but really i had figured the people chosen for this mission would be different. that is very upseting... do we even have mystical defenses in place?! i... i need to think about how we can defend ourselves... i should have been more attentive in class...

oh well, something to worry about later i suppose. in answer to your other question, yes, yes it is condescending to a degree. but they really are disadvantaged. transportation has become something of a rarity since so many of my people can fly, teleport, or run at high speeds, so every norm has to be provided with transportation. and since they are all somewhat weaker, jobs have to make special accomodations, since not all of them can lift things that everyone else would consider light. i know that they have the potential to be just as valuable mentaly, and even physicaly, as anyone else. for goodness sake, metal man and shadowknight were both norms. but still, as a demographic, society must accomodate them, and their special needs, in their attempts to be valuable members of the community. some people just forget that norms are the same as them, at least mentally, and that they can overcome their physique to reach great hieghts of physical achievement. i try not to. "
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"There isss a saying among my people, 'A weed is simply a plant that has yet to find a purpose.' Perhaps Exemplar represents an evolutionary leap forward. This does not mean the 'normals' are not able to contribute. It seems that they give those with gifts a purpose. Protection, compassion, and order are needed. While they should be careful not to be paternal, I believe the existence of these 'normals' to be a positive force in the lives of Exemplar's people."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"they are. it reminds us all, normal and meta, of where we come from, who we are, and what we stand for."

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::As the ambassadors discuss philosophy, the lights of the ship suddenly dim in response to an immense drain in power, and the ship begins to slow.::

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::the ambassadors stare at one another in shocked silence for a long moment. the lights stabilize at 1/4 normal intensity (normal for power conservation or alert mode for non-essential areas), and the thrum of the ship's engines slow.::

(do something?)

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Challx is the first on the Observation Deck to respond by racing up to the bridge to see what is going on::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Snapping out of his disassociative fugue, Ignac rushes to the nearest computer panel and accesses Enginering to determine the problem ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::there appears to be a massive energy drain. the ship, upon passing through some type of field, was drained of nearly half its power reserves, and the remaining power is being syphoned off at the rate of roughly 1% a minute (.99876%, but only lizards care...). the ship has gone into emergency mode and has shunted power from all non-necessary systems, including lighting.::

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::ensign exemplar sits staring out at the void, while sipping a blue and pink beverage.::

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Smoky looks about and watches apathy setting in.::

"I guess we should prepare for the next coming threat, while the ship is being repaired. I am going to go help make repairs anyone with me?"

::Smoky walks off the observation deck to assist with repairs and finds Ignac::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Ignac is found, working and repairing... ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Smoky walks in where Ignac is located.::

"Need any assistance with repairs."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::exemplar downs another drink and begins to get frisky. not that she's drunk. she's not capable of such things. she's just bored. she walks up to one of the crew and begins to flirt. and she tries to get someone to play her at 3d chess.::

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::ensign Merl, after losing 800 consecutive games of 3D chess to exemplar, shoots himself in the back of the head twice and cycles himself out of an airlock, 90% of the time.::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(gideon, make a shit tastic character an play this game with me. we both know the story too, which will make it even cooler... come on, you know you want to... take 10 minutes, buy some skills/atts, and be the plucky comic relief.)