Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm looking for something with a brim to protect myself with. I didn't really check any specialty stores, just stuff I was passing in the mall, most of which was baseball caps.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

tickets are purchased. total prices are as follows (i have a print out as well that will come with us on trip). Don't forget to bring money for dinner on saturday and any other goodies you want.

Unit Prices on Food
Granola Bars [$0.50]
Water [$0.25]
Other Food [$ ]
Other Food [$ ]
Other Food [$ ]

Trip Pricing Totals*
*(All totals rounded to nearest dollar amount)

Cassie
v Faire [$14]
v Room (23/24) [$12]
=$26

Haley, Cheyne, Adam, Paul H., Thael
v Gas There [$11]
v Room (23/24) [$14]
v Faire [$14]
v Room (24/25) [$12]
v Park [$33]
v Parking Fees [$3]
v Gas Back [$8]
=$95 /person

Steven
v Room (23/24) [$14]
v Faire [$14]
v Room (24/25) [$12]
v Park [$33]
=$73

Paul G. & Casey
v Gas There [$11]
v Faire [$14]
v Parking Fees [$3]
v Gas Back [$8]
=$72 ($36 x 2)

Jason & Danielle
v Faire [$14]
v Park [$33]
v Parking Fees [$3]
v Gas Back [$8]
=$116 ($58 x 2)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

as cheyne said dont forget cash... while some of the shops at the faire and most if not all at the park take plastic you dont want to get caught out.... I would not recommend the on-site atms since they are more easily hacked for info...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

We're back. I'm only mildly sunburnt around my collar line. Yay!
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

And I am not several hundred dollars in debt like last time I went to Scarby, YAY!!!
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I think it went well.

results:
1- spent roughly $300. not terrible, though I could have done better.

2- ihave ren clothing and some jewelry pieces I've been looking for for some time.

3- I learned that amusement parks and I were meant to lead separate lives, but the break up was pleasant and we have shared custody of the children.

4- I learned that I want to plan a resort vacation, or perhaps a woodsy vacation, next time.

5- I reaquainted myself w/the rules for group: the organizing, and will build a better trip next time.

6- people seemed to have fun w/out gaming (mostly, though there was exalted: the planning).

7- we met some of thael's family (or what we assume is his family, and not a stripper from vegas that escaped with him to the midwest, after their double crossing the mob, to make a new life...) and found out we want to trade him for her.

8- learned night travel is the best travel.

9- stayed at a glorious 0 star hotel for next best thing to free. good memories. the symphony of snores still echoes in my mind...

10- finished my abyssal exalted character! yeah! hundreds of dolars and miles were all it cost me.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I spent the time well. I have almost completed Final Fantasy IV.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Yeah she wanted to leave vegas to find religion and marry her high school sweetheart and see pre-paid cells... thats it... yeah... :wink:

despite Feet: the Hurting from standing around for 2 days either walking the faire or riding the line rides, I had an immense blast... I would love to plan a similar trip next year... would see if people would want to hit TRF in Houston and try 6 flags there but I just discovered they closed that park (was open for 37 years :cry: )... but fun was had... purchases were made... the pain receded and left good memories... also learned some lessons about how to do it better next time too... yay I learned stuff!
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Paul Gilmore
Lost Knight

Vacation

Post by Paul Gilmore »

We both had an amazing time, thank you all for a great time. I spent a litle under 600, which was in budget and casey has a dress to last her a long time that she loves, perhaps if we ever do a D&D larp she'll be ready.

I appreciate that the people who did not enjoy sixflags rides as much as the rest of us were understanding and let us run around like idiots till we complained of our feet hurting.
arete
Lost Knight

Re: Vacation

Post by arete »

Paul Gilmore wrote:I appreciate that the people who did not enjoy sixflags rides as much as the rest of us were understanding and let us run around like idiots till we complained of our feet hurting.
I 2nd this statement.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Your welcome, I just know that I for one did not want to be the party pooper for the trip. Glad that you all had an enjoyable time!
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I have to concur on the patience of those that are not ride fanatics... It really was a fun park and I really, REALLY enjoyed the rides there... I can always tell how much I am enjoying something when I force myself to ignore things like pain and lack of sleep or somesuch...
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I don't know about steven or paul, but I was fine just hanging for the most part. while I didn't like all the rides, I want miserable either. I actually would have liked to do the titan, but it was too late when I found out. I didn't want to spend my last hour there standing in line and walking in the heat.

not very busy on the boards today...

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

If a similar time period is obtainable next year, I might be able to join in. And I would be up for a resort/woodsy adventure.

I've read the whole thread, and I'm really glad that this happened, even though I didn't go. (because I'm in Brokeback Dominica). It was actually a rather entertaining read, very much like the original dracula. People made posts about things and conversations happened in real life and then it was over all of a sudden!

Sounds like a cool trip.

ON another note, but still about groupy things. My GF likes to make out with my tattoo. :-) It's hawt. Maybe one day I'll slip haley's tattoo where my tattoo would be at just the right moment and see what happens.