In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

email me to get the books you need, it takes some dling

you'll need basic set, space, ultratech, magic, powers, biotech, traveller, fantasy, and possibly martial arts. I don't have that last one yet, working on it.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I don't have that one yet, either. Working on it...
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

in the 4e Traveller Intersellar Wars book on page 144 is a reptilian race template based on newts you could start with and modify to suit... in fact they are worth -10 points so they have more disad that adv... makes it easy to add what you want
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I'll try to find that book. I purchased a bunch of disadvantages to try to match (like monstrous, cold-blooded, etc). Going to up my water speed too. Lol. I'll be the best natural swimmer, dammit.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well the Bio-Tech book has a laundry list of mods to apply to the human template (ie a blank slate)... skeletal, muscular, sensory, nervous system, even sexual development and gender ratios and the really extreme stuff that would basically make you not human anymore like extra legs, mouths, no need to eat or sleep, unliving or natural DR (good for scaly skins)
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I have basic (both halves) and basic lite (which I posted the free download link), the 3rd to 4th conversion book and the following books

Bio-Tech, Fantasy, Magic, Mysteries, Powers, Space, Ultra-tech

Plus these campaign/flavor books
Banestorm (fantasy with plenty of non-human races like lizard folk)
Fallout - Wasteland creatures (just stat blocks)
Infinite Worlds
Lands out of Time (mixing in pre-historic like Jurassic Park)
Star Wars Source book
Transhuman Space - Changing Times (TL9-11 timeframe for earth)
Traveller Interstellar Wars

will bring with me this weekend for people to make use
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

so.

the Powers book confuses the hell out of me.

from what i've been able to figure out, your whole power suite gets a discount if you take it as a certain category, like "morality" or "super". that's all that makes sense to me.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

oh, and an important question:
what do you use to tear open a ship with your bare hands?

is it your striking damage, or your lift? there are different str powers for each, and it seems like lift would be more appropriate, since it encludes sustained force, pulling, pushing, etc. but i'm not sure. i need to know before i make my build however.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I'll be able to swim good...
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I would think striking to do damage to get a hole/grip and then lifting to "force" it wider...

ex strike to get hands into the edge of airlock and lift vs door to open it

but I am guessing at this point, would have to research it...
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

and how does lifting in space work? if i have flight, if we are treating it as supers treat it, then i should be able to lift or push something at my full str even when i'm not technically supported.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well if it were me then I would give your flight a rating of some kind that would act as the counter force against whatever you were trying to lift... have to be anchored in some way
My Color is Blue
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Thael wrote:well if it were me then I would give your flight a rating of some kind that would act as the counter force against whatever you were trying to lift... have to be anchored in some way
Don't come in here and try to apply your paltry physics! Equal-but-opposite reactions have no place with magic and super powers in play!
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i would say it should be all or nothing. in comics flyers never worry about their flight being weaker than their lifting capacity. but i think flight should work to stabilize.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I guess a GM call on it being strong enough in all situations to support your feats of strength.

of course there are few situations it would apply... you could knock a ship off course but unless its engines are dead it can correct itself (baring gravity wells and what not)... and if they are dead any amount of generated force would be enough to move it in 0 G... don't see that it is all that important
My Color is Blue