Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I really don't have a preference, when it comes down to it. D&D sounded fine, so do movies (depending on the movie =\) Meh.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm going to be very blunt. I do not have anything ready for tomorrow. I don't particularly want to run given my health. I really do not like running games. The end.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Ok......what exactly does that mean, as far as the long term is concerned? Are you calling the game or are you just taking a week off?,
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Bleeeeeeh.

Part if the problem is that I know people like playing their characters. On the other hand, I do not enjoy running at all. I don't like trying to prep, I do not like trying to actually run it. I never have any real plot, and don't really anticipate having any. Maybe its just the sick talking. I don't know.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Cheyne if your running dnd 3.5 let me know.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Some thoughts, someone could take over Steven's game if they were so inclined as I am very fond of it, Revelations or modern exalted could be run, jason could start his lunar game and i would be able to play in it (I only play once every other week), i don't really want to play dnd but we could, and i really hate one shots and do not want to play one if it can at all be helped. I know that i am jusf suggesting other people run things, but as Cheyne and Jason can attest I do not run things well, they tend to get out of my control quickly. We could also just watch a movie or hang out, but i really do want to play a game more.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Well we do need a solution. I do mind running, but need advanced notice. That being said i can run lunars/solars if people want.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Well whenever Cheyne gets on he can give us his thoughts on the matter. He may not mind running. That being said I could play solars/lunars, but would kinda prefer to play something established, but it's kinda whatever.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"Sigh"

::Cheyne silently contemplates his fate, seeing few options. On the one hand, he could take over running, which would force him to give up playing exalted. On the other, he could let a game world die without a primary hub to rotate around.

Of course, they could play other games... But those would still require running on his part, as few others are inclined to run, especially not for long periods.

There was 3.5, a bastion of sweet, pointless hacking and soothing math, but only he really wanted to play that. Modern exalted, but people cared more for their established characters.

Realizing what he must do, Cheyne came to terms with his fate. Sacrificing his hopes and dreams upon the alter of dharma, he spoke...::

"I can run, I guess. I do at least have plot ideas if that is the problem. I would prefer Steven still run the characters he's established however, and perhaps a few other npc's from time to time.

What is it people want? Does someone else want to take over? Do we want to do exalted every other week in this game? There are other options too: putting it on hold while we explore creation (since we are turtling anyway), play something else, or find some non-game hobbies to partake of."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm perfectly willing to continue NPCing anyone I've already established. I'd even be willing to do isolated events, including some of the stuff I've already mentioned, and collaborate as far as providing my opinions on what various factions are doing or how they would respond to stuff.

If I am to play, I think I would like to rebuild Avilister into a PC again, instead of being an NPC. This would mean cutting his XP roughly in half, so he'd lose some of the stuff he's got. The upshot would be that the party would finally gain a PC sorcerer, which we've seen a number of times would be rather useful.

The problem I have with GMing really is that I'm very bad at planning. I've always been rather off-the-cuff with, well, everything, GMing included, and it does not make for what I feel is a good play experience, and it certainly doesn't make for an enjoyable personal experience. There's a lot of pressure, since everyone likes the game so much, and I don't think I'm really up to the task, particularly given my otherwise complete void of past GMing experience.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I can also run this game, but the way I run is darker than most. I would suggest round robinning between me and cheyne for the balance game instead of having cheyne run full time.

We also need to run games with an idea of where it ends. I do not want to end our main exalted game, but I do think we need that goal.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Avilister wrote:
The problem I have with GMing really is that I'm very bad at planning. I've always been rather off-the-cuff with, well, everything, GMing included, and it does not make for what I feel is a good play experience, and it certainly doesn't make for an enjoyable personal experience. There's a lot of pressure, since everyone likes the game so much, and I don't think I'm really up to the task, particularly given my otherwise complete void of past GMing experience.
I think you put to much pressure on yourself.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Avilister wrote:I'm perfectly willing to continue NPCing anyone I've already established. I'd even be willing to do isolated events, including some of the stuff I've already mentioned, and collaborate as far as providing my opinions on what various factions are doing or how they would respond to stuff.

If I am to play, I think I would like to rebuild Avilister into a PC again, instead of being an NPC. This would mean cutting his XP roughly in half, so he'd lose some of the stuff he's got. The upshot would be that the party would finally gain a PC sorcerer, which we've seen a number of times would be rather useful.

I already knew all of this. Was just hoping it would fade, or you would settle into the role. Oh well. At least you admit to the problem and aren't prolonging it.

I am fine with Avilister having the XP he does, and he has already been established as such. As I am certain a great deal of that went to crafting or crafting enhancement charms, the power level seems like it would be much lower than the xp total indicates. And because of his focus, he is not exactly going to outclass those around him in their areas of specialty.

))))))))))))))))
Jason, as discussed, I'm fine with that.

I guess I will move over to the Exalted thread to continue this discussion.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

That's mostly true, yes. I'll dig his sheet out to share if you want to approve it - or not, whatever.

As far as other stuff goes, I'm also down for some D&D 3.5, I think. Its been long enough that it can be novel again.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am also cool with 3.5 as long as I do not have to make a character.