Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Here it is. I think it's about 1040 sq ft. I'll have to double-check

Backyard in need of grooming. Just past that row of hedge, there is a large enclosed garden area. Awesome for a vegitable garden. Nice yard for a chud of a dog.

Next door neighbors. This 40's-50's husband and wife are really nice. They take our garbage to the birb and help out whenever we need them.

View from porch. Lots of nice old people in this neighborhood. No problems and a good neighborhood watch.

Another shot.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Is the lack of response suggestive of a lack of interest? Should I just burn the mother down?
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

torch the place and leave
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I don't know..I am trying to decide what would be the most prudent thing for me to do at this time. My reasoning is that I do like it, but Lacie is about to go back to school in the fall so her income is going to drop significantly, I I have 2 car loans out, plus we are basically paying for the entire wedding by ourselves minus the chapel so that is going to be about $3000 out of our pockets at least not including the honeymoon. So I am just not sure whether now is the right time for us to consider buying a house and moving. I will keep you updated, its not a no but its not a yes either, sorry that I can't give you more certainty.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

chris: this is what happens when you ask an elf a question. He says both yes and no.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Your income is good. You could probably qualify for a bill consolidating loan. Get you a house and pay of some things.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

good price. pretty affordable loan. but I have a big family so I need more space. the kids need more room.

haley and I are going to go for a geodisic dome. since we have to wait anyway, we might as well plan something worth a shit. not enough money or cred until me and haley r both out of school and in decent jobs.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

domes are cool.

I want one of these though:

http://www.zerohouse.net/
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

wow I want one...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

that's pretty cool. a bit small, and i think that the solar panel would get fucked up horribly in OK however. i think the domes are better, since they are structuraly more sound, the exterior finish is likely more durable, and all the other sustainability issues are the same (efficient, can be ran off solar or whatever, can use alternate water supply, all with the right mods). here is the sight we were looking at.

http://www.aidomes.com/

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

oh yeah, a zerohome would be toast in OK, first stiff wind that came through would have things rattling, a big freeze would wreck both the water collection device and the solar panel, and I don't see it being insulated enough to handle a rough winter.

Somewhere nice though...

Kitty likes to tell a story about how she had a friend in california who lived in a dome whose house was involved in mudslide and wound up at the bottom of a hill. They towed the house back to the top of the hill.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

damned durable they are...

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

may want to ask about those head clearances on the 2nd floor, whether they are sloped or soffits... soffits would look better on some plans but not others... also check on the floor heights... I noticed on one plan they fortunately included an elevation and the first floor only had 7'6" clearance... you two are kinda short so it may not matter but I would feel cramped unless I was able to adjust to it... not that it would cause any physical discomfort (still 18" shy of hitting the ceiling) and would not be bothered by any ceiling fixtures either most likely but I am used to 8' or better and can feel my neck cramping at the thought of it being so low...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I don't want a lawn...
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

neither do I... which is why if I ever buy a place it will be a condo/apt type thing that does not have a yard... If I never mow a yard again it will be too soon
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.