Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

Christmas Party 2008

Post by rydi »

To: Everybody

You and a guest are cordially invited to our annual Christmas party on Sunday, December 21st. Feel free to arrive anytime after 7pm, as the party should be going until at least 1am. There will be food, drinks, and various forms of entertainment provided. The party is not dry, but alcohol will not be provided, and any drinking should be in moderation.

For those who wish to participate, there will be a gift exchange sometime between 10pm and 11pm. Just bring something that you particularly enjoyed or value, and would like to share with others ($10 minimum; no DVD’s please, unless they are exceptionally unique or of sentimental value to you). It would be appreciated if you would wrap it or place it in a gift bag so that it will be a surprise to the person receiving it. For those giving gifts, don’t forget to tell us that you brought a gift (so we can put you on the list), and remember that the point is sharing something meaningful with others.

For those that need directions, let me know via the boards or by phone, and I will get them to you, but since this is a somewhat public forum, I would prefer not to post personal info here.

Thanks, and merry christmas.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

If only it wasn't on a Sunday...oh and wasn't 1000 miles away. Have fun though.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

My plane is scheduled to arrive at 11pm on sunday. I am travelling light, carryon only, and my mother is planning to pick me up from the airport and return to her apartment, from where I will almost immediately head to the party, should it still be in full swing. I expect to, flight delays notwithstanding, arrive around midnight. Due to financial and baggage room restraints, I will be unable to bring a gift, though I would very much like to see everyone.

I will be in touch with cheyne by phone during the day of, and will inform if my flight is delayed and I cannot make the party at the scheduled time.

I hope to see you all there.