In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Knights: IC-Location: Epiphany Occult Books

Post by Ivanovich »

located near the University campus is a small bookstore that specializes in used, out of print, and rare occult books. Some newer books are available, but most of that is new age. Much of the traffic is university students in the Parapsychology department or various other liberal arts programs. The building is three stories with the first two being filled with books and the third being storage and office space. The second floor is open in the center with a row of small bookshelves lining the open space and larger shelves on the wall. Both floors have movable ladders that run on tracks that run around the building.

(still looking for a good picture)
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::A tallish man in a light casual leather jacket walks in and begins to browse the isles::

::After noticing a lack of signs in the establishment denoting subjects he scans the interior in search of someone working here. He takes out a cigarette and begins to fidget with it and a lighter as we wanders the isles.::
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::in the back of the first floor is a young lady sitting behind the register reading a book and chewing gum, as you approach she looks up::

"Please sir no smoking near the books and is there anything I may help you with?"
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Notices the items in his hands as if surprised and stows them on his person::

" Yes, I was wondering if I could see what you have in Voodoo subjects and also your rare collection if allowed."
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::The woman picks up the phone and dials a number while talking to you::

The books on Voodoo are upstairs on the left. Look for the cases marked 2d, 2e. and 2f. As for the rare collection I am seeing if the owner is in to show you what he has in stock right now.

(if you come in during the day the owner is gone, but if you come in in late evening as i assume you are the he is in.)
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::actually I would have hit at dusk unless I know who the owner is... that way I am likely to find the owner in short order regardless of nature::

"Thank you. I will be browsing up there should the owner be available."

::Heads up the stairs and reflexively pulls out his lighter and fidgets with the lid, opening and closing it::
My Color is Blue
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::after you fidget with you lighter and browse for a few minutes George approaches you::

It is nice to see you again. I believe you asked to see my rare books?
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Stone blinks a couple times in surprise::

"Well hello George. I just saw this shop in passing and thought I would stop in. I know of another store in this line of business and wondered if the owner here was the same. I do not know if I would have been more disappointed that you were the person I was looking for or not. You would not happen to know the names of other rare book owners/traders in the city? I am looking for a particular woman."
My Color is Blue
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

**this is outsourced plot, not anything in character from me**

::during the day today a young MBA student came in and sold a large lot of occult books at bargain prices. the staff has set them aside for George to evaluate. As reported by the day staff, the guy seemed to want to get rid of them rather quickly. He said that he purchased a home in an estate sale, and in the renovation found a secret chamber full of dust and these books. A few other book stores were only willing to take a few of them, and he sold all of the book shelves and desks from that room to antique stores, but he heard that he could move these books quickly here, and really just wanted enough to compensate him for the trouble, since he has to get back to work painting the home and repairing damage. He left his contact information 'just in case'.::
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::George comes in one night and begins examaning each book for content and value::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Jake has already been through the books, conducted extensive research in regards to what he found, and has called you to ask for you help.::